yep, typicalIslander wrote:So just some things that are different to what you are told at the welcome day, at the office I am working at.
No workplace trainer, I was given to somebody to show the ropes.
again, no surprise. Unlikely you`ll *need* it, unless your particular office actually cares about them.Islander wrote:No identification badge yet will not get for a few weeks but told in paperwork before starting that I would have this 24 hours after starting.
ridiculous, there should at least be a rota put up so you know what youre doing each week. Speak to manager about it and if answer isnt satisfactory, see the union rep. Also JOIN THE UNION (hopefully you already did)Islander wrote:I still do not know what my actual start times are, I am part time 25.5 hours per week and I have asked.
Is it normal ? well a lot of posties do it so they can finish early. However, the break is supposed to be taken at some point during the shift and not at the start or end, other than that its a grey area, but definitely not *supposed* to be taken at the end. But if youre happy to do it, then its fine i guess.Islander wrote:We have our break at the end of the shift, so every one leaves early is this normal ?
because theres still a job and finish culture at RM, people will work fast and knacker themselves out even just to make even 15 mins at the end and feel like they "won" something.Islander wrote:Why is everthing such a rush ? Im not unfit at all but some days ....
Is this normal for most offices ?
Well, now you know why there is this forum, RM is far from a normal company to work for lol But its not all bad, you just have to figure out the way things work at your office as every office can be very different with colleagues / manager attitudes and then make it work for you.Islander wrote:I know I started at the worst time of year and maybe this is the reason but everywhaere I have worked before you get real training.