ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by greengiant »

MissKazzyB wrote:I use a trolley however I leave it whenever I can & bag up as quicker
I'm assuming that you are leaving the HCT for at most 10 minutes as per the Royal Mail Delivery Equipment Security Procedures? https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... hp?id=4408" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (see page 7 regarding HCT)
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by Brandy »

I dont know why RM dont issue posties with roller skates!! Ok that may sound stupid but its RM that comes up with stupid ideas! :shhhhh
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8914
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by blue1873 »

South_London_Postie wrote:Ignore him. He is a prick.
Nah ! not having that ....you get more enjoyment out of a prick than a DOM
even if it is only a piss :oops:
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by Brandy »

blue1873 wrote:
South_London_Postie wrote:Ignore him. He is a prick.
Nah ! not having that ....you get more enjoyment out of a prick than a DOM
even if it is only a piss :oops:
:shock: :Very Happy :chuckle
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by cpsteve »

If you are not completing and others are done at 12.30 then the manager has the scope to get the work cleared so I doubt it will go out of office.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by greengiant »

How did the review meeting go?
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

If the manager is letting other people go home before their finish time ask him why others are being treated differently if they have the same finish time
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by Brandy »

TheTrolleyMan wrote:If the manager is letting other people go home before their finish time ask him why others are being treated differently if they have the same finish time
Probably because managers always have had and always will have their favourites who get away with everything and get what ever they want. :no no
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

Evening

I had my 6 month review today & they are waiting for HE to confirm an extension of 3 months based on extra training on performance as I’m not upto RM standards on delivery.....In a nutshell, I’m not completing everyday & im cutting off.

Why is this as the time spam is 3.5 hrs but yet my hours are 5 so what’s happening here basically!!!

They don’t want to get rid of me so want the extension to see if I & they can help me to be able to complete day in & day out as that is my job
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by wannabeek »

Not up to RM standards on delivery? I see some pretty poor standards that are accepted. Have they told you what the standards you should be achieving actually are, or is it just... - complete the duty, any duty, just do it as fast as some hyped up caffeine-laden overtime hound?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by Postie45 »

MissKazzyB wrote:Evening

I had my 6 month review today & they are waiting for HE to confirm an extension of 3 months based on extra training on performance as I’m not upto RM standards on delivery.....In a nutshell, I’m not completing everyday & im cutting off.

Why is this as the time spam is 3.5 hrs but yet my hours are 5 so what’s happening here basically!!!

They don’t want to get rid of me so want the extension to see if I & they can help me to be able to complete day in & day out as that is my job
have you seen your rep, i assume youre in the union ?
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

No 3 month extension :-)))

As I have a permanent contract lol

Kinda knew this already but think they were trying to put the frightners on me lol

They say they’re just keeping an eye on me & the training will be.....A training coach to shadow me & see where I could be going wrong & why I’m slow & not completing.....
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Review extended maybe as extra training on speed !!!

Post by lightningpostman »

MissKazzyB wrote:GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

No 3 month extension :-)))

As I have a permanent contract lol

Kinda knew this already but think they were trying to put the frightners on me lol

They say they’re just keeping an eye on me & the training will be.....A training coach to shadow me & see where I could be going wrong & why I’m slow & not completing.....

great news, instead of trainer ghosting you, you ghost the trainer adn see what time they will finish and how the trainer will do it properly......

once they fail at completing the duty in your allocated time then get the rep involved regarding the duty idoable in the specific time,

also make sure the trainer does not tie down etc before you get to the office to reflect a real days work for you as a 45min-60 indoor time should be taken into account although everyday is a different one.

you could be throwing all packets up rediur, bundling on 1 day and on the next just redirections........



congrats on the contract