ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by NWpostie »

Brandy wrote:I am really surprised secret cameras havent been installed yet to record the appalling way the posties are spoken to and treated by the RM managers.

That's the reason why we need a Rep in the room making notes, so everything is recorded, if you go in alone, they can intimidate/threaten you and you can't prove it, in my opinion, I think recording interviews should be the norm, it would provide factual recordings preventing abuse of process, with three copies one for management, Union and independent archive. this should be raised at the next Union and management meetings.

The Police record interviews for that reason and recently emergency services and bailiffs etc uses small cameras to record everything. It's becoming the norm and proves you are following procedures and prevents spurious claims.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by fishtank »

The reason we don't want meetings recorded is that unfortunately members are just as capable of saying something stupid as managers are. Most reps have walked away from meetings apologising on members' behalf and justifying outbursts due to the stress of the situation, would we want to have any of that on record?

At some point during most meetings a good rep will try the "put the pen down and let's talk off the record" strategy just to see what we're actually looking at. Sometimes you learn more that way and can talk a situation down. Recording meetings is far more likely to turn the whole thing into a box ticking, follow the book process and I'm not sure on the balance of cases that would help our members.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by world class male »

tonyt450 wrote:Management said I could have shouted or climbed over said fence to deliver packet or p739 .
this is utter garbage and should get laughed off,
i take it you scanned item as inaccessible, then its issued for another attempt next day, by then the recipient should have got a message and make sure the delivery point can be accessed.
i must scan 1 inaccessible every few weeks, school tracked on a saturday is a regular, i don't even tell management now as they'd only say what i put above, they once said try a neighbour but i said no as i still can't leave a note saying where it is.

don't know what your manager is trying to achieve here, nothing failed to flag up a bollocking from above ( assuming you scanned it ) and CS should be telling whoever twisted their knickers to unlock there gates
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by Brandy »

tonyt450 wrote:The "wilful delay" was a tracked where I couldn't access letterbox due the door being locked and having no access to either the doorbell or letterbox. Management said I could have shouted or climbed over said fence to deliver packet or p739 .
Oh dear the so called managers get worse.Its only because they probably dont get so much bonus if all the tracked dont get delivered.Sheer greed again.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by GT85 »

school tracked on a saturday
Have to be scanned as item not delivered - retention at our place.
We're all here because we're not all there
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by Acca Dacca »

That won't go further don't worry
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

In reference to the original question here is an article I posted back in 2009. Scroll down https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 3F#p187032" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32809
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Can I voice record disciplinary meeting?

Post by POSTMAN »

So what happened Tony?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.