They also do house calls too, brings a tear to the eyeDarwinsdad wrote:If you’re unsure, ask your DOM. They seem to be more qualified in medical matters than GPs!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
-
Groundpounder
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 04 May 2011, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
-
colcestrian
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 18 Sep 2008, 16:41
- Gender: Male
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
I had 1 injection in my knee and another 6 months later and they took the pain right away. Unfortunately my doctor said you are only allowed 2 injections into the knee and I am now back to square one....limping on my post round dosed full of painkillers. Being just over 50 doctor tells me I am still too young for any surgery. This awful job is slowly wearing my body out!!!
-
woody
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 15:08
Cortisone injections, yay or nay????
Hi personally I would not waste your time I have had 8 injections 4 in each foot over a period of time with guided injections none helped what so ever there is very little you can do for plantar fasciitis in both feet for almost 2 years perhaps the best treatment i have had is a reflexologist and your Gp should tell that heel spurs dont cause pain it is plantar fasciitis that cause the pain I also have 3 heel spurs which the surgeons insist will not cause painpeshwaarinaan wrote:Suffering with pain caused by calcanneal heel spur. GP has booked me in for cortisone injection in heel, but not under x-Ray.
From what I've read they are a bit hit or miss and I don't want to put myself through the trauma of an injection in my heel if it's not going to help.
Anyone????????