ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

If you are on leave during a strike day or sick do you still get paid?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16692
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Strike leave question

Post by clashcityrocker »

Stunl3y wrote:My day off is on the Friday that we strike , I will be striking on the Saturday , can they stop my pay on my day off (Friday) ? ... I also will be on the picket line on that Friday my day off showing my support.
I believe there have been instances of RM attempting to stop the pay of someone who was on the picket line on their day off.
I think there also needs to be some clarity:
If you strike on Friday but your day off is Saturday will you need to inform someone you are returning to work (albeit for your day off) as you would after sick absence?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

If you are on leave during a strike day or sick do you still get paid?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

How can they stop pay for a day they don't pay you. :shock:

If they do deduct 2 days wages when one of them was an unpaid non-working day then there should be legal ramifications.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.