I presume the first ten minutes is taken prior to delivery and the final 20 minutes at the end of the duty so nowhere is a break being taken in the middle of a loop.lightningpostman wrote:meal relief where, in the middle of your loop with no facilities to accommodate a real break............gone postal wrote:So today got a print out of the daily duty times. It states that I am to take a break for 10 minutes between 9:18 and 9:28, bare in mind this is based on a 8:48 contract start time, so 30minutes after I get in.
Also it states a meal relief of 20 minutes between 13:58 and 14:18 with a contract finish time of 14:18 so at the end of the duty.
The working time directive you are quoting only applies to adult workers working more than 6 hours/day.
If his working day is 8.48 to 14.18 that is 5 hours 30 minutes so the WTD doesn't apply.