ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

More Managers being employed for November strikes?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

More Managers being employed for November strikes?

Post by El-Bandito »

Why don't they advertise for part-time management? Delivery offices do not need 2 or 3 full-time line managers and a full-time office manager. As major share holders in Royal Mail us workers should be questioning why line managers are full-timers. 1 full-time office manager maximum 2 part time line managers and a secretary would be suffice. If line managers want to be full time then they should be delivering failed lapsing/duties.
genesis
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 May 2007, 21:04

More Managers being employed for November strikes?

Post by genesis »

Mobey wrote:I've seen some advertised online part time hours. 20 hours per week.
Yes , only for the indoor part of supervision,staffing etc , If I was a lino I would be looking over my shoulder ,perhaps they will get a buy down.
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

More Managers being employed for November strikes?

Post by Mobey »

I wonder if the part time managers will always have overtime available to make them up to full time. Or will they only be 20 hours? Be interesting to see if they do get OT, because they go early. But I bet there overtime will be approved or never changed.