ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Irresponsible dog owners by far. When their dog is bearing its teeth, growling and barking its head off and saying in dog, I'll f***ing have ya mate, its not pleasant. The responsible ones take control before it gets to that stage. MOST however excuse their dogs behaviour or put the blame on you. Oh he doesn't mean it. Its your fault for looking scared. Hate these people and their pets. Worst part of the job for me. At least managers don't treaten you with physical violence.
-
woopesh
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 230
- Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.Interested-seeker wrote:Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?MissKazzyB wrote: Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
They are illegal,as far as I am aware all over Europe.I will never be able to find the link now, but I am sure there was an EEC ruling on it years ago......UK just chose to ignore it,and with Brexit....no chance now!woopesh wrote:Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.Interested-seeker wrote:Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?MissKazzyB wrote: Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max!

If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
I had that problem. Until i ripped the bloody thing off the wall trying to put a catalogue in it. they ended up getting a big one fittedAcca Dacca wrote:People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max!![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 28&t=76578" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;ewancurze wrote:They are illegal,as far as I am aware all over Europe.I will never be able to find the link now, but I am sure there was an EEC ruling on it years ago......UK just chose to ignore it,and with Brexit....no chance now!woopesh wrote:Heard they are illegal in Ireland. Should be banned.Interested-seeker wrote:Definitely that! Who on earth thought that was a good idea!?MissKazzyB wrote: Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Concerning low letter boxes, there was a new build on my walk and I swear to god every house (47 houses) had a low letter box! Needless to say I wasn't impressed!MissKazzyB wrote:There's about 3 properties that all have a over grown garden.
So when I open the gate I have to brush past the bushes, flowers, branches or whatever is sticking out & it drives me nuts.
A man came out today from one of the properties & I really felt like asking him to sort his garden out as I'm fed up of walking into everything that sticks out.
As If all the cob webs that I walk through ain't enough already lol
Also letter boxes at the bottom of the front door. What a stupid place to put it. So annoying when I'm holding a big bundle & have to kneel down lol
-
Mailman300
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 09 Apr 2017, 09:10
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Walking past all the green bins on bin day, on a hot summers day. It just makes me want to vom.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Council houses in my area got given a grant for hanging baskets. I have walked into the same one three days in a row now... constantly dodging them as I'm perfect basket to the skull height
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Or customers with tiny letter boxes, yet they still order weekly graze boxes....Acca Dacca wrote:People who get loads of mail and catalogues daily yet have TINY outside letterbox fitting on wall that has space for two small letters max!![]()
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Dogs, stupid letterboxes, hanging plant baskets, flower pots on steps, broken gates, 20 packets per day to one house, bins in the way, steep drives, overgrown bushes, managers, lapsing, idiot partners, forced overtime, Peugeot Expert (THE HANDBRAKE!), rain, heat, flies insects and cobwebs, and people calling my walk a 'round'.
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
The same 2 houses on my walk that hoard junk in their front garden/drive which makes it impossible to get to their letterbox. Given up now ( reported it numerous times) so I now just kill their mail off I'm sure the penny will drop when they realise they aren't getting any post !
-
Clared
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 08 Jul 2016, 12:18
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Yep plenty I can take from those too..NewPostieUK wrote:Dogs, stupid letterboxes, hanging plant baskets, flower pots on steps, broken gates, 20 packets per day to one house, bins in the way, steep drives, overgrown bushes, managers, lapsing, idiot partners, forced overtime, Peugeot Expert (THE HANDBRAKE!), rain, heat, flies insects and cobwebs, and people calling my walk a 'round'.
Another annoying irritation is kids calling you postman pat & his black & white cat
-
Bella2013
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 21:50
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
So many things. SO MANY.
People.
People asking me if I have anything for them.
People asking me if I have anything for 'Mrs Jones' what the f**k!
When they swing the door open just as you've put the letter in the box to 'help' but in reality takes 10hrs longer as I've now got to get the letter back out and give it to them.
'Where's your black and white cat/where's Jess?'
'If it's bills I don't want them etc' everyday from the same people.
Being on a van share.
The weirdos that hang around.
The mouthy kids around on Saturdays/school holidays.
I could go on all day to be honest.
People.
People asking me if I have anything for them.
People asking me if I have anything for 'Mrs Jones' what the f**k!
When they swing the door open just as you've put the letter in the box to 'help' but in reality takes 10hrs longer as I've now got to get the letter back out and give it to them.
'Where's your black and white cat/where's Jess?'
'If it's bills I don't want them etc' everyday from the same people.
Being on a van share.
The weirdos that hang around.
The mouthy kids around on Saturdays/school holidays.
I could go on all day to be honest.
-
Bella2013
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 29 Nov 2015, 21:50
- Gender: Female
What's the worst/most annoying thing on your round?
Oh another one, the people who have dogs that as soon as you post a letter rip it to shreds and you hear the owner running SCREAMING at the dog and going mad....why not just get a box!?!?!? It happens at the same two houses every time I post a letter. Which reminds me of another one...when people pretend to be dogs on the other side of the letterbox and then you hear them in hysterics because they think they've scared you but in reality that's just happened with actual dogs the previous 5 houses so you were expecting it. Idiots.