I really don't see what acting like a bully like this actually achieves, apart from making the entire day stressful. I wonder if he behaves the same at home?beano76 wrote:I use my trolley but he refuses point blank to touch one. . . . Just gets angry if I push the issue
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Bullying
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Bullying
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Bullying
When my oppo is off no one wants to work with me because I take meal reliefs , start on time and use a trolley . It's a nightmare that so many people are still in the old runaround mindset but they can run around with a bag on their back and sit in the van and wait for me , sometimes they'll come up to me and say give a bit to do and I just say " this is my loop , you've done you're loop quickly because you're not using proper methods " so I'll see you back at the van , f**k the
M mate just stick to your guns and use correct delivery methods and tell them to report you to management for using a trolley and even offer to go into the bosses office with them to get it all in writing
M mate just stick to your guns and use correct delivery methods and tell them to report you to management for using a trolley and even offer to go into the bosses office with them to get it all in writing
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Bullying
he probably cant do or say anything like that at home so he might get some attention at work by doing it , just tell him you don't have to carry bags that's why we was given lwt ? , ask him if hes got a problem with you or the way you work we can go in the dims office and sort it out before you take it further , that should stop him , don't let idiots like this affect you .beano76 wrote:I have the same issue, got a new permanent van share partner last week, and already had to complain about his aggressive behaviour 3 times, he slams doors throws parcels around van in a temper if he has more than me, says I'm wrong for wanting to use my trolley and stick to the loops, and it's my fault he has to carry a heavy bag coz I won't break the loops down to suit him, shouts at me in the street, and told me I would be sacked for taking loops back. . . . Daily abuse is really getting me down, he's a much older man maybe 60ish, I'm a 40 year old woman and I've never been treated like this in 20 years of being on delivery. So I do sympathise with you
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Bullying
I totally agree with WORKTOTIME , if he has a problem with the way you work then get into the managers office and if he doesn't nip it in the bud then ring the HARRASSMENT NUMBER ( don't let management sweep it under the carpet )
-
Gangham_style14
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
- Gender: Male
Bullying
The problem is the older posties tend to be more insecure about the jobs, some of the posties at our office have been with Royal Mail since the good old days (as they always like to refer too) unfortunately you have to move with the times and the way the job is now requires more walking, more packet delivery, the customers ordering the parcels are keeping us in a job! the older ones are only there waiting to retire to get there pension, not having a jab at old timers but some I know do nothing but moan about the job...and working with them turns into the longest day ever ....I worked with a full timer who had been with Royal Mail for years and years his attitude was awful he was covering a job for a day and still to this day it was one of the worst people I worked with, he pulled all the persons door to doors out refused to deliver them, told me not to turn any letters or put slips in as he likes to memorise packets yet he kept forgetting and had to go back on himself .... a job that should have took 3hrs ended up keeping us out until 4:45pm delivering in the dark, he seemed to milk the job to claim as much overtime as possible when I said I didn't want to go over he got abrupt with me saying he didn't run and did the job right, which was fair enough but having a fag after every loop took the piss a bit ..... I think it's disgusting to make newbies feel uncomfortable and bullied the same person has two woman complain about him for being sexist was anything done .... nope .... plus he was a worktime coach !!! I refused to work with him after my hurrendous day .....
Explain the situation to manager, ask for your own van, if no action has taken place then get signed of with stress!!! Although you are not paid full sick if you havnt been there over a year ..... but I'm sure it will soon be looked at
Explain the situation to manager, ask for your own van, if no action has taken place then get signed of with stress!!! Although you are not paid full sick if you havnt been there over a year ..... but I'm sure it will soon be looked at
Last edited by Gangham_style14 on 10 Apr 2017, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Bullying
Had the same problem then after 6 months I snapped,he reported me for abuse but the manager knew what he was like and said I didn't have to work with him,2 problems though I've ended up being shunted everywhere even though I was in my previous round first and some other poor sod has to work with him.The management did nothing and neither did the union.