ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Forced to deliver excess d2d

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3731
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Forced to deliver excess d2d

Post by yellowbelly »

A2B wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:If you have quite a few 'No access' points I'm thinking that rather than sort out with the occupants of
those no access points why they are no access by going out on the ground to see why and speak
to those occupants, managers are, let's say, 'conserving their energy' at this busy time.

However, if the D2D paperwork states 'unable to deliver x amount of D2D due no access' then it
will be seen higher up and questions will be asked - well that's my theory anyway.
D2D paperwork :crazy: never been asked to sign anything since we stopped getting paid for delivering them. Most of the no access addresses have no occupants so apart from removing them from the call log nothing can be done. All excess goes outside the managers office, whether it gets returned correctly is a question only they know :d'oh!
Oops, sorry A2B got your response mixed up with the original posting..... :crazy:

Some offices I've worked at in the past are religious about returning the covering paperwork and any excess D2D, other offices not....
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Forced to deliver excess d2d

Post by peshwaarinaan »

In my office some people don't even bother to deliver them and they just get cleared off the frame on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Forced to deliver excess d2d

Post by wannabeek »

You think that's bad? Some offices I have been to, all leftover d2ds get dumped on top of the frame and stay there for weeks on end.

I suppose there must sometimes be a mass binning of them by somebody, but I have never seen these frames without old leftover d2ds on top!
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Forced to deliver excess d2d

Post by CharlesSpooner »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
brasseye wrote:As we always have excess door2door in our office, our new manager has now decided to make us put the excess through the same doors of the customers we already delivered to last week?

This can't be allowed surely, especially as we have already delivered the allocated quota to the whole duty, and the line manager signed off each day as completed.

Any advice where we stand if we refuse.
Cheers
I and my colleagues get Door To Doors to within about 1% of the number of delivery points so I don't understand how you "always have excess door2door". :cuppa :crazy:
I near enough always have a small number of excess. The odd thing is that when there are multiple D2D contracts I'll have some the correct amount, some over and some under and I am beyond meticulous prepping them. It's a huge annoyance for me when I'm working with someone who can't do a simple thing like prep D2D's.

As for the original question - We had this in our office and at the briefing I argued that a customers house is not a dumping ground for D2D's and it could be construed as trying to deceive the business who took out the D2d contract. The DOM told me that was none of my concern and to do as I was told :roll: I told him I wouldn't and if he had a problem with me returning excess to my lino then he should take me down the conduct code....still waiting 2 years later :Very Happy