Chewster wrote:We've been moaned at for nesting plenty of times before as well, although I've never actually done it. Is it customers who complain about nesting? Personally I find it slightly hard to believe that there's a significant amount of people out there who feel the need to phone up with "there's a junk mail leaflet inside this other junk mail leaflet"
But I guess the point is that the customers are the companies paying for us to deliver the d2dr's not the people behind the letterbox
But how do the companies paying us to deliver the stuff know the exact manner of its delivery if behind the letterbox customers haven't complained?
There's a lot of confusion with the term "customer" on this site. By sheer definition, the people who are posting the letters etc are customers as they're the ones paying for the service. But in all training, RM refers to recipients as customers.
Chewster wrote:
But how do the companies paying us to deliver the stuff know the exact manner of its delivery if behind the letterbox customers haven't complained?
There's a lot of confusion with the term "customer" on this site. By sheer definition, the people who are posting the letters etc are customers as they're the ones paying for the service. But in all training, RM refers to recipients as customers.
Royal mail use a "Mystery Shopper" type system. There are a number of UNKNOWN addresses within your Delivery Office (ideally one on each duty) and they report on a weekly basis back to Big Brother HQ and tell them what Households they've received that week. So if you're not delivering your households you'll be in the shite!
If you ever discover the identity of a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM and they will then stop using him and select another. I personally would work on the principal of "Keep your Friends close, but keep your Enemies closer"
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Chewster wrote:
But how do the companies paying us to deliver the stuff know the exact manner of its delivery if behind the letterbox customers haven't complained?
There's a lot of confusion with the term "customer" on this site. By sheer definition, the people who are posting the letters etc are customers as they're the ones paying for the service. But in all training, RM refers to recipients as customers.
Royal mail use a "Mystery Shopper" type system. There are a number of UNKNOWN addresses within your Delivery Office (ideally one on each duty) and they report on a weekly basis back to Big Brother HQ and tell them what Households they've received that week. So if you're not delivering your households you'll be in the shite!
If you ever discover the identity of a "Mystery Shopper" you're meant to report it to your DOM and they will then stop using him and select another. I personally would work on the principal of "Keep your Friends close, but keep your Enemies closer"
Ah yes the boss did say something about the "mystery shopper" type folk once upon a time. Makes sense now
IMO Chewster there can't be that many "Mystery Shoppers". I've know many lazy buggers over the years that didn't bother delivering the D2Ds (and then the Households) and nothing was ever said to them. There can't have been anyone checking on their walks. One particularly dodgy character simply used to put ALL his households in black bin bags and put them in the Office wheely bin. I s**t you not!
I'm sure we've all got examples of the lengths our colleagues will go to to avoid a bit of work. I take the view that it's Royal Mail business and is therefore prepared in RM time (not during my meal break, after finishing work on Sat or by coming in early). I spread the deliver out over the week (by taking them where I'm going) with the exception of a close or block of flats where I'm passing the door anyway. They're normally all delivered by Sat. I REALLY used to love it as a Reserve when someone left me a Column to throw off, and then Deliver, on a Saturday! Yeah I know it's the deal but it's still a twats trick.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)