ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Commsave problem

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Commsave problem

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

As far as I am aware Commsave, nor any other lending organisation can send the Bailiffs in. Bailiffs can only be used on certain types of debt or unpaid fines and not for debts from loans.

You probably meant Debt Collector, which is a different thing entirely. Its illegal for Debt Collectors to pretend to bailiffs.

If commsave used debt collectors that may okay because they can't enter a property without permission, where in certain circumstances Bailiffs can.

They do not have the same legal powers as a bailiff and can only visit your home to discuss repayment of your debts. Unlike registered bailiffs, debt collection companies cannot take your possessions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
notts1862
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Feb 2013, 08:39
Gender: Male

Commsave problem

Post by notts1862 »

I dont know but you don't send two big blokes around your house demanding payment. Lucky i was in and not my wife or my young daughter they would of felt threatened. Commsave are still dickheads.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Commsave problem

Post by Postie45 »

so it probably wasnt bailiffs and maybe not even commsave themselves, more likely a debt management company who commsave have sold the debt to. Its easy to blame commsave, dont you think your son maybe has some blame in this whole issue ? They dont tend to send people around who remain in contact (and obviously he hadnt updated his address with them) and arrange even a small repayment plan, sometimes even a token amount if the debtor shows they dont have much money to live on thats usually enough for a creditor to show that there is some goodwill from the debtor but any larger payment is outside their means. When people stop being in contact is when things will escalate, first it will be letters, eventually they sell to debt collector, then more letters, if continued to be ignored the debt collector will send an agent around to discuss the issue (which is where i think we are in your case) if there continues to be no reply or willing shown by the debtor the next step will be legal action where bankcruptcy, CCJs and bailiffs (the real ones) may be issued. Im assuming that final stage is close to where your son is currently at, id suggest he does something about it if he hasnt already.
notts1862
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 132
Joined: 07 Feb 2013, 08:39
Gender: Male

Commsave problem

Post by notts1862 »

I think your missing the point. Nobodys disputing the debt and he should pay and i did tell commsave is doesn't reside at this address but sending debt collecters around to were he last lived is acceptable in your book. If yourself or any one of your family renegades on a debt who doesn't live with you, you more than happy to let baliffs or debt collecters to come to your house chasing someone else debt all because they lived there 5 years ago.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Commsave problem

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

notts1862 wrote:I think your missing the point. Nobodys disputing the debt and he should pay and i did tell commsave is doesn't reside at this address but sending debt collecters around to were he last lived is acceptable in your book. If yourself or any one of your family renegades on a debt who doesn't live with you, you more than happy to let baliffs or debt collecters to come to your house chasing someone else debt all because they lived there 5 years ago.

I will shock you now. Yes, I do think it's acceptable as long as they are courteous and act professionally at all times. They have to investigate the debt, so if your address is the last one they have they ultimately have nowhere else to start but there.

Where I live there used to be a bad debtor and when I first moved in I got lots of letters from companies and debt agencies. I sent them all back with explanations such as "Gone Away - No forwarding address". One day 2 men did turn up, they showed me ID, asked to speak to the debtor. I explained the situation and as they asked politely I showed them proof of who I was, and how long I have lived here.

That's the last I heard.

Now if they were unprofessional intimidating and confrontational, I would have shut the door on them and reported them to their professional body. You can do the same.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Commsave problem

Post by cpsteve »

Did you give them your sons address or contact number?
duckso
Posts: 4
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: Commsave problem

Post by duckso »

Post full of capitalist ideology. Fact is, postmen are working class. Royal Mail let not one but 3 credit unions set up and promote themselves through advertisements on the walls. Why 3 and not just 1? I know people paying 50% of their wages to credit unions