pauljbl wrote:Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
Can someone tell me how to use the online site, i.e. provide a link?
Also, is it a case of only being able to apply to transfer to an office that actually has vacancies, or is it still like the old way - that you will get put on a waiting list which will get checked whenever a vacancy becomes available.
pauljbl wrote:Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
Can someone tell me how to use the online site, i.e. provide a link?
Also, is it a case of only being able to apply to transfer to an office that actually has vacancies, or is it still like the old way - that you will get put on a waiting list which will get checked whenever a vacancy becomes available.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I've now managed to log into the RM 'myjobs' site.
Slim pickings, you might say.
I'd have thought that there would be an option to register an interest to go on a waiting list to transfer to another DO, but it doesn't seem the case.
Angie2509 wrote:Hi can my office refuse time off for transfer interveiw if short staffed?
I don't think there is any ruling either way to be fair.
However, why not contact the new offices manager and advise them there may be able to change your current manager's mind, change the date of the interview, or even hold the interview over the phone.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
pauljbl wrote:Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
· Password: employee National Insurance number without any dashes or spaces. The first two letters should be upper case, and the last, lower case e.g. AB123456c
pauljbl wrote:Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
If there is a job vacancy in a DO it has to be offered equally to new recruits 'off the street' as well as advertised on the RM site asking for staff internally. It is obviously easier for an office though to get Postie's from other offices transferred in as they already know the job. If the office you wish to transfer to is nearby I would suggest you go there in person or failing that phone up and ask to speak to the DOM. They will chase it up and be quite persistent if there is a chance to get an existing postie.
It may be that your current manager doesn't want to lose you and so is holding up the process. They can make it difficult and try to hold on to you but they will eventually have to let you go. They are within their rights to hold onto you for 'operational' reasons for a certain period of time though.
Full time positions are quite rare apparently and don't come up very often. Our office has until recently had two full time jobs going and we have finally got one postie transferred in for the first job and hopefully another postie is coming in two weeks time. We have waited for months now but touchwood we will actually be fully staffed.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
pauljbl wrote:Hi
I am trying to get a transfer as I want to relocate. My Dom says I need to use the online site to apply for transfers.
I have been applying for 4 so far but keep getting unsuccessful.
I thought I would get the transfer as I am already working for them. Is this normal? It seems impossible to get a transfer.
If there is a job vacancy in a DO it has to be offered equally to new recruits 'off the street' as well as advertised on the RM site asking for staff internally. It is obviously easier for an office though to get Postie's from other offices transferred in as they already know the job. If the office you wish to transfer to is nearby I would suggest you go there in person or failing that phone up and ask to speak to the DOM. They will chase it up and be quite persistent if there is a chance to get an existing postie.
It may be that your current manager doesn't want to lose you and so is holding up the process. They can make it difficult and try to hold on to you but they will eventually have to let you go. They are within their rights to hold onto you for 'operational' reasons for a certain period of time though.
Full time positions are quite rare apparently and don't come up very often. Our office has until recently had two full time jobs going and we have finally got one postie transferred in for the first job and hopefully another postie is coming in two weeks time. We have waited for months now but touchwood we will actually be fully staffed.
I do know. I have transferred multiple times using the website.