ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Picking Spare Rounds

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by Ringer21 »

I've worked for Royal Mail for 11 years on a 35 hour contract the office is just going through a revision and I'm being told I'm not able to get a round but the 20 people below me on seniority on 30 hours will get to pick a round 5 of us are on 35 hour contracts and only three 35 hour duties so 2 of us have to be spare the union rep suggested I should reduce my hours to 30 then I'd be top of seniority for part time staff does seniority not come into this
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by POSTMAN »

Ringer21 wrote:I've worked for Royal Mail for 11 years on a 35 hour contract the office is just going through a revision and I'm being told I'm not able to get a round but the 20 people below me on seniority on 30 hours will get to pick a round 5 of us are on 35 hour contracts and only three 35 hour duties so 2 of us have to be spare the union rep suggested I should reduce my hours to 30 then I'd be top of seniority for part time staff does seniority not come into this
Get rid of your rep - wtf!

Need peeps who have multi hr contracts in their office to help you here.Or at least your area rep involved.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Ringer21
Posts: 127
Joined: 13 Jul 2016, 15:04
Gender: Male

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by Ringer21 »

My area rep is involved he's agreed it all with my office rep and managers they reckon it's the way forward and most offices in the country have full time reserves think I need to take it further but not sure what direction to go in
Vwtouran
Posts: 95
Joined: 26 Jan 2016, 18:54
Gender: Male

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by Vwtouran »

What happens if 2 postmen started the same date regarding the re-pick, don't think it goes by age anymore?
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by stodgy88 »

hello, in our office nearly all the walks have been changed, are we now obliged to have a repick-thanks.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Picking Spare Rounds

Post by DB1100 »

Vwtouran wrote:What happens if 2 postmen started the same date regarding the re-pick, don't think it goes by age anymore?
With me and another person who started on the same day it went by alphabetic order,
For we were soldiers once,and young