ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Chances of getting rehired after dismissal?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chewster
Posts: 527
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:34
Gender: Male

Chances of getting rehired after dismissal?

Post by Chewster »

General Mannerheim wrote:
By the way I got hired again, the DOM at this office was a manager at my old office and liked me and wanted me back
So he liked you for not keeping in contact and going AWOL and not answering any of the many letters he would have had to have sent you. ;liar :cuppa
Where is this Utopian outlet in Royal Fail land?
I can believe it, going off the grid so to speak doesn't automatically mean terrible worker. I've heard of a postie who buggered off to Australia for months, he was still getting paid the whole time (I imagine he had to give most of it back though) and was still asked if he wanted to come back to work..

Jiminy clearly has clearly gone through (or still going through?) a rough patch and he doesn't need us to be critical of him.

And hey Jiminy, if you like a drink on a friday and can bear to put in a shift while hungover then why the hell not!? On Saturdays and even Mondays I see certain coworkers coming in with their jaws still swinging like the 60s...