ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Scanning 1pm Specials

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Scanning 1pm Specials

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

wannabeek wrote:Erm. How many minutes for someone to come to the door? Do you wait 5 mins for every attendance call? That is beyond the agreed time. Please do not accuse me of fraud or deception. That is not true. Every RM rule was followed and the old geezer got his packet. Happy days all round, so far as I can see.

i suppose according to your logic i should have done the job as per spec and carded the item before he got to the door. Poor old geezer. I'm glad you're not my postie.
no lets be clear in this you stated quite clearly that you scanned it as not delivered to avoid a failure not becuase he wasnt in
wannabeek wrote:Just to be sure I scanned it as 'not delivered no answer' while I was waiting for him to come to the door so that the inevitable late scan when I finally got the PDA back off him wouldn't be a fail.


you done this before you had decided that the person wasnt in, you done it to avoid a failure, you did not say i scanned it as not delivered and as was writing out the p739 when he came to the door, you had scanned it as no answer whilst you were still waiting, thats the fraudulent part, whether you wait 1 minute or 10 minutes for someone to come to the door doesnt matter, the point is you intentionally scanned it as not delivered to avoid a failure
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Scanning 1pm Specials

Post by Jpro747 »

I've delivered a special before 1pm and saw the signature still on the screen at 10 past, pressed done and it didn't come up as a failure.