Jpro747 wrote:Thanks for the replies. Its the phg who is putting them in when they don't have anything else to do. I wouldnt mind if they just put in a row, but the whole frame is way too excessive, especially when you arent even on that round for the rest of the week.
As it sounds you are day off cover, does this arrangement not balance itself out over a few weeks, or do you always cover Mondays? My day off cover only covers Mondays once every 3 weeks.
There is currently no national agreement on how D2D gets delivered, as far as I know, practices vary massively frame to frame and even OPG to OPG. However, there are some trials going on (around Bristol?) where depots are trying some "radical" approaches, such as 100% prep of D2Ds on Mondays and then take them where you have other letters.
At the moment, I have a simple arrangement with my day off cover, approx. one-sixth prepped and delivered per day (unless it is a bank holiday week). It splits the indoor aspect equally and does not create the potentially awkward "Saturday legs" scenario, where I need overtime or cut off Mon-Fri and then magically finish early on a Saturday, with no D2D to prep and no cold-calling just with D2Ds (which could easily save 30mins or more).