WTF???SillySinStorm wrote:I, for one, am glad it's over. Putting in 47+ hour weeks and only getting an hour overtime for 3 hours over was a ballache. Yes, i could have cut off but then, as an ex-squaddie, i ensure i look after my team. Not sure whether hard work or maytrdom will kill me first ;)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Worst Xmas
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Worst Xmas
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3732
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
SSS - it's been highlighted on other threads, but you're in a different environment now.....SillySinStorm wrote:I, for one, am glad it's over. Putting in 47+ hour weeks and only getting an hour overtime for 3 hours over was a ballache. Yes, i could have cut off but then, as an ex-squaddie, i ensure i look after my team. Not sure whether hard work or maytrdom will kill me first ;)
You don't get any medals, 'High Recs' or paid sports afternoons in the RM!!
I understand your work ethic and commitment to your work colleagues but the only winner out of you working 3hrs over for 1hrs pay is the lino. In fact, you
may have done your team a disservice by making it appear to the number crunchers that the 'mission' was achieved with less 'Service Support' than anticipated and this is what
they'll base their future 'Oporders' on in the future.
Don't knacker yourself mate - make sure you'll be fit enough to enjoy your mil pension for as long as possible in the future!
And even if you didn't want/need the extra 2 hours beer chits you could have claimed them and donated (plus tax relief) to the RBL/H4H.....
YB
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Worst Xmas
I'm an ex squaddie and you will soon realise unlike the Army "your team" doesn't give a flying feck about you and will glady let you do more than your fair share,most will stab you in the back as soon as look at you,it's painful lesson to learn mucker stick with it but trust very few.SillySinStorm wrote:I, for one, am glad it's over. Putting in 47+ hour weeks and only getting an hour overtime for 3 hours over was a ballache. Yes, i could have cut off but then, as an ex-squaddie, i ensure i look after my team. Not sure whether hard work or maytrdom will kill me first ;)
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
I was moved to lates in the PHG at the end of November, 2-8pm Mon-Fri. It's been busy, but also managed to get a fair bit of overtime in over two weeks before Christmas. Just over 50 hours of overtime in 2 weeks - can't complain. Although being sent out some mornings at 6:30am with packets was a test.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Worst Xmas
I thought there was a rule that you couldn't deliver before 0730,I'm sure there used to be one anyway.chrismid259 wrote:I was moved to lates in the PHG at the end of November, 2-8pm Mon-Fri. It's been busy, but also managed to get a fair bit of overtime in over two weeks before Christmas. Just over 50 hours of overtime in 2 weeks - can't complain. Although being sent out some mornings at 6:30am with packets was a test.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
Well said DBDB1100 wrote:I'm an ex squaddie and you will soon realise unlike the Army "your team" doesn't give a flying feck about you and will glady let you do more than your fair share,most will stab you in the back as soon as look at you,it's painful lesson to learn mucker stick with it but trust very few.SillySinStorm wrote:I, for one, am glad it's over. Putting in 47+ hour weeks and only getting an hour overtime for 3 hours over was a ballache. Yes, i could have cut off but then, as an ex-squaddie, i ensure i look after my team. Not sure whether hard work or maytrdom will kill me first ;)
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
Not when I was on a rural some years back. The first call was around 0615-0620 on average.DB1100 wrote:I thought there was a rule that you couldn't deliver before 0730,I'm sure there used to be one anyway.chrismid259 wrote:I was moved to lates in the PHG at the end of November, 2-8pm Mon-Fri. It's been busy, but also managed to get a fair bit of overtime in over two weeks before Christmas. Just over 50 hours of overtime in 2 weeks - can't complain. Although being sent out some mornings at 6:30am with packets was a test.
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
It takes a special kind of person. Someone who lacks sympathy and empathy and who watches others struggle without a flicker of emotion. Sociopath/psychopath pretty much fits the bill, but probably psychopath if you want to climb the ladder in RM.rambo1 wrote: There's no way I could just stand around and watch others working flat out. How do these linos and doms sleep at night. Ps is it right about their 2k bonus? Or just propaganda.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Worst Xmas
I've always said Dorset Plodder,if our DOM's were in charge of the DDay landings the lads would still be sat in the channel while they try and find someone to make a decision.Dorset Plodder wrote:Well said DBDB1100 wrote:I'm an ex squaddie and you will soon realise unlike the Army "your team" doesn't give a flying feck about you and will glady let you do more than your fair share,most will stab you in the back as soon as look at you,it's painful lesson to learn mucker stick with it but trust very few.SillySinStorm wrote:I, for one, am glad it's over. Putting in 47+ hour weeks and only getting an hour overtime for 3 hours over was a ballache. Yes, i could have cut off but then, as an ex-squaddie, i ensure i look after my team. Not sure whether hard work or maytrdom will kill me first ;)Whatever your unit motto was in the Mob SSS.... You'll soon learn that Royal Mail's is, I'm Alright Jack f**k You! Sad but true. Don't waste your Loyalty on a bunch of Arseholes...You'll discover who the workers are, and who you can trust. They're the ones you can work with. Remember No One dies if you f**k Up in this job.....which is a Good Thing as the DOMs would be losing people on a daily basis!
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Worst Xmas
With parcels GT750 rider?GT750rider wrote:Not when I was on a rural some years back. The first call was around 0615-0620 on average.DB1100 wrote:I thought there was a rule that you couldn't deliver before 0730,I'm sure there used to be one anyway.chrismid259 wrote:I was moved to lates in the PHG at the end of November, 2-8pm Mon-Fri. It's been busy, but also managed to get a fair bit of overtime in over two weeks before Christmas. Just over 50 hours of overtime in 2 weeks - can't complain. Although being sent out some mornings at 6:30am with packets was a test.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
GT750rider
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 216
- Joined: 25 Nov 2011, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
With everything.DB1100 wrote:With parcels GT750 rider?GT750rider wrote:Not when I was on a rural some years back. The first call was around 0615-0620 on average.DB1100 wrote:I thought there was a rule that you couldn't deliver before 0730,I'm sure there used to be one anyway.chrismid259 wrote:I was moved to lates in the PHG at the end of November, 2-8pm Mon-Fri. It's been busy, but also managed to get a fair bit of overtime in over two weeks before Christmas. Just over 50 hours of overtime in 2 weeks - can't complain. Although being sent out some mornings at 6:30am with packets was a test.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
I've been sent out with parcel deliveries at Xmas with instructions not to knock on a door until 6:30am. I loaded up and parked outside my first call, then knocked on the door a few mins later at 6:30 sharp. I assumed those were the RM rules.
By the way, didn't try neighbours at that time of day - can you imagine the reaction!!
By the way, didn't try neighbours at that time of day - can you imagine the reaction!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Worst Xmas
You're right DB. I've never worked for ANY organisation that was run by such utterly incompetent middle management!DB1100 wrote: I've always said Dorset Plodder,if our DOM's were in charge of the DDay landings the lads would still be sat in the channel while they try and find someone to make a decision.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Worst Xmas
Judging by my number of posts you should do but lets not sit on the fence here from one who does work the likes of me and 80% of royal mail staff what is your function or are you more a provocateur than a distraction of his own self importance or a fantasied manager who thinks he is better than all of us!Tman wrote:Eh? Who are you then? Do I know you?k979aaa wrote:That's good coming from you.Tman wrote:The OP posted at 06:30 on Christmas Day morning.
Shouldn't this be merged with the "Get a life" thread?