My last letter was 4:10pm on Christmas Eve, then callers office till 5pm.mLounge Lizard wrote:Finished at 3pm Christmas Eve.trevjim wrote:Finished duty at 11am today, spent 20 mins through some D2D's up as I had plenty of time to spare, Im now ahead for next week instead trying to playing catch up. I dont see the problem.PHARRY wrote:tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home!
Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker![]()
Worst Christmas yet.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Get a life
-
bostaph
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 28 Mar 2012, 22:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
-
Brainache
- Posts: 394
- Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
1hour20mins excess Christmas eve - lovely
.
-
westham000
- Posts: 106
- Joined: 17 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
I'm more concerned when the USO goes. I believe it is guaranteed until 2021. So judging by this Xmas mail volumes I reckon it will be gone by 2023. Shares will go up by 40% and staff numbers will no doubt decrease by the same number. They won't be begging anyone to do overtime or pay them 4 hours to clear a few letters, they will just roll it over until the next day. I feel for anyone in the business who are under 50 today. Remember, we're the only postal operator in the world with such an obligation .
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12202
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
When the USO goes I wouldn't be surprised if people have to collect their letters and flats from the DO or pay x £ per month for delivery to their home address, with only parcels being delivered.westham000 wrote:I'm more concerned when the USO goes. I believe it is guaranteed until 2021. So judging by this Xmas mail volumes I reckon it will be gone by 2023. Shares will go up by 40% and staff numbers will no doubt decrease by the same number. They won't be begging anyone to do overtime or pay them 4 hours to clear a few letters, they will just roll it over until the next day. I feel for anyone in the business who are under 50 today. Remember, we're the only postal operator in the world with such an obligation .
If recorded was done away with for letters and flats then I could see the RM being split into two sub companies, one doing letters, flats and d2d only with each DO covering a much larger area and one doing parcels (with everything trackable), but also with the option of extra compensation (like the current SDs)
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
Who can predict the future ?? ...... NobodySpacePhoenix wrote:When the USO goes I wouldn't be surprised if people have to collect their letters and flats from the DO or pay x £ per month for delivery to their home address, with only parcels being delivered.westham000 wrote:I'm more concerned when the USO goes. I believe it is guaranteed until 2021. So judging by this Xmas mail volumes I reckon it will be gone by 2023. Shares will go up by 40% and staff numbers will no doubt decrease by the same number. They won't be begging anyone to do overtime or pay them 4 hours to clear a few letters, they will just roll it over until the next day. I feel for anyone in the business who are under 50 today. Remember, we're the only postal operator in the world with such an obligation .
If recorded was done away with for letters and flats then I could see the RM being split into two sub companies, one doing letters, flats and d2d only with each DO covering a much larger area and one doing parcels (with everything trackable), but also with the option of extra compensation (like the current SDs)
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
So you're saying every other country in the EU is in violation of the European Postal Directive which mandates a 5-days/week USO?westham000 wrote:I'm more concerned when the USO goes. I believe it is guaranteed until 2021. So judging by this Xmas mail volumes I reckon it will be gone by 2023. Shares will go up by 40% and staff numbers will no doubt decrease by the same number. They won't be begging anyone to do overtime or pay them 4 hours to clear a few letters, they will just roll it over until the next day. I feel for anyone in the business who are under 50 today. Remember, we're the only postal operator in the world with such an obligation .
I suspect in the long run the UK will likely switch to a 5-days/week service. Possibly it'll be done in stages, with the "Highlands & Islands" (and other more rural areas) going first, followed by all non-urban areas at a later date and then all non-city areas. (Though those last two steps could be done as one, or the first two could be done as one.) The chances of someone being in at 2PM on a Saturday aren't appreciably higher than the chances of them being in at 2PM on a weekday so there's no real gain for many customers if we attempt delivery on a Saturday.
Since not delivering on Saturdays would also mean the enquiry offices where closed on Saturdays, going for a locker system like Deutsche Post or Amazon where the customer could collect their item at anytime 24x7 would probably be needed to enable people to get their items.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Get a life
Too much Coke
I'm not so sure that remote areas are most likely to loose the uso first. Posties in these areas deliver more per household as there are fewer competitors interested in setting up in the area. I don't know if letters are still being delivered in London/Manchester by our competitors but if so I would imagine that RM has more to gain by stopping uso there. Also I don't think they would move to 5 day week. I think they would move to deliveries every other day.
Just my thoughts, don't know what others think
I'm not so sure that remote areas are most likely to loose the uso first. Posties in these areas deliver more per household as there are fewer competitors interested in setting up in the area. I don't know if letters are still being delivered in London/Manchester by our competitors but if so I would imagine that RM has more to gain by stopping uso there. Also I don't think they would move to 5 day week. I think they would move to deliveries every other day.
Just my thoughts, don't know what others think
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: Get a life
Forgot to say I finished 1.30 pm xmas eve which was my latest ever. Followed by mad dash 40 miles to catch train to London. Got there with 5 mins to spare. Train cancelled. Following train delayed 1hr 40 mins. Got to London 10pm. £30 taxi to sisters's. So glad to spend xmas with family. All the best to you all out there
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Get a life
Some of us who weren't flexable enough in December were made to stay until our official finishing time throwing d2ds in while others went home early.tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home!
I have no d2d next week so had to spend the last 30mins throwing them in for someone else ha ha. It would of been my first early finish for approx 8 months.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
Don't know how relevant it is to us in UK but in NZ (which isn't massively different to us, some areas very built up, others very remote), the rurals get a daily mail delivery but the cities get mail on alternate days. The theory is that more remote areas depend on mail more than in cities, which makes sense I think. It's a more probable outlook here too I reckon.Izzy wrote:Too much Coke
I'm not so sure that remote areas are most likely to loose the uso first. Posties in these areas deliver more per household as there are fewer competitors interested in setting up in the area. I don't know if letters are still being delivered in London/Manchester by our competitors but if so I would imagine that RM has more to gain by stopping uso there. Also I don't think they would move to 5 day week. I think they would move to deliveries every other day.
Just my thoughts, don't know what others think
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
This is an easy bullying and harassment case, RM cant let some people go home and make others stay like this ..report it to your CWU rep or area rep if true.bandit1157 wrote:tonytucker wrote:
Some of us who weren't flexable enough in December were made to stay until our official finishing time throwing d2ds in while others went home early.
I have no d2d next week so had to spend the last 30mins throwing them in for someone else ha ha. It would of been my first early finish for approx 8 months.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
That's totally out of order Bandit...Although totally believable in this crap company. These Dickhead managers wouldn't get away with treating school children the way they treat us!bandit1157 wrote: Some of us who weren't flexable enough in December were made to stay until our official finishing time throwing d2ds in while others went home early.
I have no d2d next week so had to spend the last 30mins throwing them in for someone else ha ha. It would of been my first early finish for approx 8 months.
Hope you spent the time LOUDLY singing out of key Christmas Carols and Tunelessly whistling!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Get a life
All in hand thanksPostie45 wrote:This is an easy bullying and harassment case, RM cant let some people go home and make others stay like this ..report it to your CWU rep or area rep if true.bandit1157 wrote:tonytucker wrote:
Some of us who weren't flexable enough in December were made to stay until our official finishing time throwing d2ds in while others went home early.
I have no d2d next week so had to spend the last 30mins throwing them in for someone else ha ha. It would of been my first early finish for approx 8 months.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
rusty nails
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
The "remote areas depend on main more than in cities" part. Royal Mail won't care who depends on what, it will sadly go on what is profitablewannabeek wrote:Don't know how relevant it is to us in UK but in NZ (which isn't massively different to us, some areas very built up, others very remote), the rurals get a daily mail delivery but the cities get mail on alternate days. The theory is that more remote areas depend on mail more than in cities, which makes sense I think. It's a more probable outlook here too I reckon.Izzy wrote:Too much Coke
I'm not so sure that remote areas are most likely to loose the uso first. Posties in these areas deliver more per household as there are fewer competitors interested in setting up in the area. I don't know if letters are still being delivered in London/Manchester by our competitors but if so I would imagine that RM has more to gain by stopping uso there. Also I don't think they would move to 5 day week. I think they would move to deliveries every other day.
Just my thoughts, don't know what others think
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Get a life
I want a transfer to your office. Not even the fastest, early starting, break skipping runner in our office on the eaisest duty can get finished before 1 pm. No wonder you're always on here stating what a piece of piss the job is.trevjim wrote:Finished duty at 11am today, spent 20 mins through some D2D's up as I had plenty of time to spare, Im now ahead for next week instead trying to playing catch up. I dont see the problem.PHARRY wrote:tonytucker wrote:Just returned to del office and people are throwing up there d2ds for Tuesday!seriously sad,just go home!
Good idea saves time Tuesday when your doing your d2ds they will throwing in letters and getaway quicker