ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Think I'm going to get the sack.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Think I'm going to get the sack.

Post by castra »

m456an wrote:You should have joined the union.

Managers do check if you are a part of the union.

You went to the meeting without anybody to support you.

I am sorry....this is why I do not trust managers. They are too cold.
Wise words which apply to many industries and not just RM. There is a lesson here for all those who think joining a union is 'a waste of money'. In my previous employments before RM, the scenarios were similar - weasel managers who you always knew were lieing as their lips were moving. The old chestnut of 'just a quick chat' can be a trap.

It really pi$$ed me off in my previous long term employment with so many non union members who were hanging off the coat tails of those who were in the union but quite happy to take all the benefits of pay rises etc. I came close to decapitating a rep once when he actually represented a non union member at a grievance because he was a mate.

Nobody can force anyone to join a union. But anybody who delines to join in the current industrial climate we live in, is in my opinion crazy.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Think I'm going to get the sack.

Post by aiden01 »

:Applause
castra wrote:
m456an wrote:You should have joined the union.

Managers do check if you are a part of the union.

You went to the meeting without anybody to support you.

I am sorry....this is why I do not trust managers. They are too cold.
Wise words which apply to many industries and not just RM. There is a lesson here for all those who think joining a union is 'a waste of money'. In my previous employments before RM, the scenarios were similar - weasel managers who you always knew were lieing as their lips were moving. The old chestnut of 'just a quick chat' can be a trap.

It really pi$$ed me off in my previous long term employment with so many non union members who were hanging off the coat tails of those who were in the union but quite happy to take all the benefits of pay rises etc. I came close to decapitating a rep once when he actually represented a non union member at a grievance because he was a
Nobody can force anyone to join a union. But anybody who delines to join in the current industrial climate we live in, is in my opinion crazy.
Grahammatthews
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Nov 2015, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: Think I'm going to get the sack.

Post by Grahammatthews »

They will won't u out for budget savings