ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

DOOR TO DOOR

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: DOOR TO DOOR

Post by NewPostieUK »

wannabeek wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:
wannabeek wrote:Maybe it's a regional thing. At every office I've been to round here the D2Ds are always the first thing to go into the empty frame at the start of the day. How else would anyone be able to see they're done? Our managers may be a bit useless but even they can glance at a few frames and see that all that day's are prepped.

If they're prepped last surely it's hard for anyone else to see if they were ever in the frame or not, if they're only actually in it for a few minutes?
Why do you need to see that they're done?
Have you never been in the situation on the last day of the week - you've chucked the last day's in and there is one day's quantity still left over? It has happened to me and having them being prepped first thing in the morning makes it usually quite easy to work out on what day they weren't done.

Ok so nothing comes of it, management-wise - but I remember who stitched me up and that has repercussions.

I should probably add that it's usually very chaotic management. There are often at least 4 different people doing the walk during the week, so you can't just blame the floater automatically - there isn't one! :crazy:
I get where you are coming from, although I wouldn't be worried about which day wasn't done, as long as I'd done my day.

As it is, I don't do prep and so don't prep door to doors. It makes my job harder if none are thrown in until wednesday, but on the other hand, it gives me ammo in the cut-off war.

"Why can't you complete? Volume is the same as yesterday"

"No it's not. Today I have 480 door to doors including Red Cross boxes. Which bit do you want me to leave?"
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: DOOR TO DOOR

Post by Dorset Plodder »

wannabeek wrote:
Have you never been in the situation on the last day of the week - you've chucked the last day's in and there is one day's quantity still left over? It has happened to me and having them being prepped first thing in the morning makes it usually quite easy to work out on what day they weren't done.

Ok so nothing comes of it, management-wise - but I remember who stitched me up and that has repercussions.

I should probably add that it's usually very chaotic management. There are often at least 4 different people doing the walk during the week, so you can't just blame the floater automatically - there isn't one! :crazy:
You might like to suggest the use of a "Control Sheet" to help everyone keep track of which Households have been thrown off. Ours consists of a simple diagram with boxes that represents the Frame layout. If you prep the 1st column on the frame you simply initial or sign the appropriate boxes on the Sheet. Very handy if you're a Reserve and move around the Office, you can easily see which section of Households have already been thrown of. I'm sure we've all thrown off a street only to be told it was delivered the day before! :d'oh!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)