Justiceseeker wrote:I am not Dave, but he has a lot of friends up here in Cupar, Fife. I know what's going on. He was in the CWU and they were only involved through the internal process. He did not use them for the tribunal, he used a lawyer, the CWU are informed. It is not the CWU who will change laws it is the politicians who let these big companies bully individuals - that's who we want to take notice - that's why you need to spread the word. Dave is 1000% innocent. He lost shares, pension was frozen. Now it's all up the air until the law tries to sort it out.
All you posties out there, would any of you say you have total responsibility for the mail you sort - are you in a lockable booth? No ccTV, trackers or tracers were used. Do you have the mail you sort within your view at all times? Can anyone in the office touch the mail at any point in the sort process? The evidence was minimal, no witnesses. Employment law is not allowed to comment on innocence or guilt, that's why its a joke. It's hard to sue because he has no evidence he didn't do it - how do you prove you didn't do something? As has been pointed out if this was discrimination then the sky is the limit, but it isn't, RM are completely in control here. This is our laws, protecting the innocent ...
You guys have to stand up against this - IT COULD BE ANY ONE OF YOU. Look at what happened to the subpostmasters!!!!!!!
Thanks for clearing that one up. I just assumed that the CWU funded or provided legal assistance for the IT.
The thing is this stinks, and for him to be trapped between a rock and a hard place (he gets nothing and no job/future or he gets a pay-out less than if he took IHR or ER and then still has no job/future.)
I get the feeling this is about loss of face rather than RM saving a few quid.
The thing is, what can WE do about it?? A 'go fund me' or petition to the CWU? Along with many other OPG's I'm sure we could help with some direction.
I have to ask, what is the Cupar office view on this, what action can they take or have they taken? I'm surprised that there hasn't been a walk-out or other kind of action yet. I know that many offices would faced with such actions against a respected colleague.