Royal Mail have a problem and most of it is caused by Short-Sighted Penny-Pinching.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pulling the Plug.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulling the Plug.
You can only do a days work in a day! I am sick of RM DOMs walking around the office telling Posties "We've got a problem, there's 3 duties not covered and we've got to get it sorted"! NO I haven't got a problem I am doing what RM are paying me to do. IF I'm feeling generous and want to help out, I'll offer.........DON'T keep grizzling to me in the hope I'll crack and take some extra out. My Good Will was exhausted years ago! FFS
Royal Mail have a problem and most of it is caused by Short-Sighted Penny-Pinching.
They think they've saved money by Bullying Older FT Posties into leaving and then not bothered replacing them. We're struggling now God knows what Christmas is going to be like.
I don't think the Higher Management realise the Bad Feeling that is building up in a lot of under resourced offices. My office has more than it's fair share of Jelly Fish & Yes Men, but even they have started to put in Grievances and Leaving Mail behind (under the over running procedure). So there's hope for us yet. Royal mail are Recruiting more Militant Posties for the CWU than they ever did for themselves! 
Royal Mail have a problem and most of it is caused by Short-Sighted Penny-Pinching.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulling the Plug.
I would say you work in my office but alas I think this is the same all over.Dorset Plodder wrote:You can only do a days work in a day! I am sick of RM DOMs walking around the office telling Posties "We've got a problem, there's 3 duties not covered and we've got to get it sorted"! NO I haven't got a problem I am doing what RM are paying me to do. IF I'm feeling generous and want to help out, I'll offer.........DON'T keep grizzling to me in the hope I'll crack and take some extra out. My Good Will was exhausted years ago! FFS![]()
Royal Mail have a problem and most of it is caused by Short-Sighted Penny-Pinching.They think they've saved money by Bullying Older FT Posties into leaving and then not bothered replacing them. We're struggling now God knows what Christmas is going to be like.
I don't think the Higher Management realise the Bad Feeling that is building up in a lot of under resourced offices. My office has more than it's fair share of Jelly Fish & Yes Men, but even they have started to put in Grievances and Leaving Mail behind (under the over running procedure). So there's hope for us yet. Royal mail are Recruiting more Militant Posties for the CWU than they ever did for themselves!
Although I don't know how much of this information actually reaches the top (I know all the failures in my office don't get reported.......they just go for a trip around the country until the next day).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulling the Plug.
This situation is really ridiculous DGP. I agree that DOMs are probably committing fraud in their efforts to hide the truth from the Area Managers. I always thought the idea of a "No Blame" culture was to sort problems out rather than hide them. RM have swept any problems under the carpet for years and I think it's now just second nature, 
I used to working in a system where everyone was on the same Team and everyone tried to solve problems together. This "Management v Posties" confrontational type system makes no sense to me. I know why they do it but it's so negative and causes more problems than it solves.
Under this current confrontational system I actually enjoy working for a Total Dickhead, instead of a Decent Guy, as I have no hesitation in telling him I'm not lapsing and will be finishing on time. With a Decent Guy I'm nearly tempted to help them out. However as time go by they normally leave the Business due to pressure from above. Therefore Royal Mail, by Natural Selection, end up with more and more Dickheads running their Business for them!
I used to working in a system where everyone was on the same Team and everyone tried to solve problems together. This "Management v Posties" confrontational type system makes no sense to me. I know why they do it but it's so negative and causes more problems than it solves.
Under this current confrontational system I actually enjoy working for a Total Dickhead, instead of a Decent Guy, as I have no hesitation in telling him I'm not lapsing and will be finishing on time. With a Decent Guy I'm nearly tempted to help them out. However as time go by they normally leave the Business due to pressure from above. Therefore Royal Mail, by Natural Selection, end up with more and more Dickheads running their Business for them!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)