ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Where do I stand? Advice please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
y2j4dx
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 14:49
Gender: Male

Re: Where do I stand? Advice please

Post by y2j4dx »

Been off with depression and anxiety for last few weeks and have found myself on edge ever since. Not sleeping and constantly snapping at my family.
Today I get a letter asking for a meeting with dom about the best way they can support me back to work on Monday. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow which I would imagine them giving me another doctors certificate. Do I have to attend this meeting as I don't feel I'm mentally up to it and am covered with a doctors certificate? Also it states on letter if failure to attend may result in payments being stopped.

What do I do? Can my pay be stopped?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Where do I stand? Advice please

Post by greengiant »

y2j4dx wrote:Been off with depression and anxiety for last few weeks and have found myself on edge ever since. Not sleeping and constantly snapping at my family.
Today I get a letter asking for a meeting with dom about the best way they can support me back to work on Monday. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow which I would imagine them giving me another doctors certificate. Do I have to attend this meeting as I don't feel I'm mentally up to it and am covered with a doctors certificate? Also it states on letter if failure to attend may result in payments being stopped.

What do I do? Can my pay be stopped?
I'd have thought that if you are covered by a sick note, then you shouldn't attend? Worthwhile trying to get in touch with union rep / area rep for advise.
y2j4dx
Posts: 28
Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 14:49
Gender: Male

Re: Where do I stand? Advice please

Post by y2j4dx »

That's what I thought. My union rep is a joke as just worried about himself or if it involves something to do with him. Always joking about with the dom :arrrghhh

Hoping a rep or someone in the know can confirm one way or another.