ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill Health Retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

paulthepostie wrote:
Jefferson Starfish wrote:£405 multiplied by 52 = £18,630.
.

As people have mentioned above it's not based on 52 weeks but 34 which equals £13770.
That was a typo on my part. :oops: The calculation is £405 multiplied by 46 = £18,630. That's assuming you get 12 weeks PILON.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

I got just under that,on 25 hour contract.

Feel so much better now.
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

spiderj wrote:I got just under that,on 25 hour contract.

Feel so much better now.
Sorry to be nosy mate was that just under £18000?. Getting out of Royal Mail may be an option coming to me soon as after 14 years and a year and a half of problems, my body can't take anymore. They've just piled even more work on to us all and we all use hct's,which is the problem, as so many people are on long term sick.

I wish you all the best for the future mate!. :nana
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

Cheers fella.

With everything all in it was just shy of 16 k which I was happy with as I was 25 hours with 3 years in the job.

Got to think how long will the current ihr be available?
:thumbup
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

spiderj wrote:Cheers fella.

With everything all in it was just shy of 16 k which I was happy with as I was 25 hours with 3 years in the job.

Got to think how long will the current ihr be available?
:thumbup
That's true especially when Royal Mail is fully privatised next April!. Did you manage to get full pilon as well and holiday pay in that?. As i say sorry for being nosey i'm just curious in case the worse happens to me mate. I think the shares are currently worth about 3 grand to which gives you a nice healthy 19k. Most of the people i speak to who are out of Royal Mail seem a lot happier. The atmosphere is shocking now and unbearable.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

Full pilon and all annual leave owed

I'm still not healthy but I'm a dam site happier
:nana
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

spiderj wrote:Full pilon and all annual leave owed

I'm still not healthy but I'm a dam site happier
:nana
Hahaha..thanks for the reply. Give it time and sure you will get your old self back again. Congrats on escaping the asylum! :Applause
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

So many posties have said that to me....wonder why?

:nana
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

Just one last question spider if you don't mind. Was that 16k figure including your shares as well, or just ihr money?.

That's the last question on the money i promise :Very Happy . What are you doing now have you anything lined up, or you taking it easy mate?. :cuppa
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

16 k give or take a smidge was everything,not amazing considering what my situation is but also not bad in the scheme of things.

As for what I'm doing now....

Claiming contributions based ESA and halfway through another thing which I can't discuss but is working out okay .

I'll start looking for work or go back to college and retrain probably next year before I am able to do so.

I'm lucky tho.my misses has a good job and we have zero debt.idnbe stressed if we did lol.
:nana
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

Bloody hell i thought it was around 19k-20k including selling your shares. That's the impression i got from the guy who was ihr in my office, he had been there 28 years. I don't think that is good at all.

Saying that though you were part-time (25 hours) from your earlier posts, I'm on a 39hr contract and have been since about 3 years after i started (14 years nearly in total) so i think that it would probably be a little more.

Nice to hear there's life outside Royal Mail and things are going well for you. Thank you for your time and replies!.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by bustedflush »

spiderj wrote:16 k give or take a smidge was everything,not amazing considering what my situation is but also not bad in the scheme of things.

As for what I'm doing now....

Claiming contributions based ESA and halfway through another thing which I can't discuss but is working out okay .

I'll start looking for work or go back to college and retrain probably next year before I am able to do so.

I'm lucky tho.my misses has a good job and we have zero debt.idnbe stressed if we did lol.
:nana
You can only claim ESA for 6 months as it's not means tested. After that you will go onto income-based ESA which will be bugger-all as your partner works...
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

Paul,youll get more.
I won
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by spiderj »

That's not true,but I'd rather be pain free

I'm out now.
Moving on,but still pop in for a nosey.
I won
paulthepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 123
Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
Gender: Male

Re: Ill Health Retirement

Post by paulthepostie »

Cheers Spider, you've been a great help!. I'm struggling on at the moment, albeit with difficulty, but I'm preparing for myself in case the worse should happen. Keep in touch be good to hear from you.