3 o'clock finish in my unit on a Saturday. If we finish earlier, they make us wait until five to before letting us go.bustedflush wrote:Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday Guarantee Specials
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Perhaps special deliverys sent on Friday should have a sticker on it stating Deliver Monday. SG cost quite a bit more to send than normal special delivery. I must admit that I hadn't even thought that customers may be expecting the item to be delivered on Monday!! I would be annoyed if I was expecting a delivery on Monday only to be carded when I was out on the Saturday and have to go to the Post a Office to collect it. My finishing time on a Saturday is 4pm so we have plenty of time to get ours done.
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
I wish RM would make their blinking mind up on the issue once and for all! Surely if a customer wants a special to be specifically delivered on a Monday then they should be able to state this when sending??? Maybe put a sticker on it expressing the customer wishes? We finish at 1-40 on a Saturday so am usually still out delivering at 1!
Makes me laugh how different rules and procedures, that's the Royal Mail way!
Makes me laugh how different rules and procedures, that's the Royal Mail way!
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
bustedflush wrote:Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???
Lots of us.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Makes me chuckle that those that bitch and moan the loudest about how hard their duty is and always takes them beyond their time always manage to finish well before 1pm on a sat regardless. Must be some magic saturday shoes?
I haven't finished before 1pm on a saturday in ages, last letter is usually about quarter past here (which means that Saturday specials aren't really an issue here, time-wise, just a nuisance to keep separate from the other mail).
*edit - couldn't spell seperate right!
I haven't finished before 1pm on a saturday in ages, last letter is usually about quarter past here (which means that Saturday specials aren't really an issue here, time-wise, just a nuisance to keep separate from the other mail).
*edit - couldn't spell seperate right!
Last edited by wannabeek on 14 Jul 2015, 21:30, edited 2 times in total.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
'Saturday Shoes' our DIM calls it. The fact that those who finish on time or extend, don't take lapsing or come in early during the week always seem to be early off on a Saturday.CharlesSpooner wrote:bustedflush wrote:Moot point anyway whether Sat Guarantee or not - who the hell hasn't finished by 13:00 on a Saturday anyway???![]()
Lots of us.
I bet it's the same in many offices though.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Spooky synchronisity at 9:24pm on RMC.
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
Next working day by 9am or 1pm. Saturday is not a working day (apparently). If you have a special to deliver on a Saturday that is not marked SG you don't have to deliver it by 9am or 1pm respectively. If you do deliver it after that time it doesn't matter, you have delivered it before the required time on the next working day.
It doesn't show up as a failure as far as you are concerned, I've done it a few times and it has not been a problem.
Some of us work well past one on a Saturday and there is no need to go chasing around to deliver a non SG item before one. Feels a bit strange doing it but it isn't a problem!
Careful with Amazon items though, there is a SG on the label, I don't know whether they are really SG but I treat them as if they are just in case!
It doesn't show up as a failure as far as you are concerned, I've done it a few times and it has not been a problem.
Some of us work well past one on a Saturday and there is no need to go chasing around to deliver a non SG item before one. Feels a bit strange doing it but it isn't a problem!
Careful with Amazon items though, there is a SG on the label, I don't know whether they are really SG but I treat them as if they are just in case!
-
sequinn
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
My finish time is 4PM on Saturdays!!!!
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
I'm one of those customers! The company works mon - fri and sends my items on a fri when I'm off on the monday. Do I ever get it on the monday, NO!sequinn wrote: must admit that I hadn't even thought that customers may be expecting the item to be delivered on Monday!! .
Exactly. Except it's a 20 + mile round trip to the D.O.sequinn wrote: I would be annoyed if I was expecting a delivery on Monday only to be carded when I was out on the Saturday and have to go to the Post a Office to collect it. .
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Saturday Guarantee Specials
i collect from a branch office and on a Friday they do not guarantee normal specials for Saturday they guarantee them for Monday, only the SG ones are guaranteed for Saturday. Even then i've heard them ask if it's going to a company or firm and if the sender is sure they are open.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP