ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates fingertip

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by DB1100 »

Yes let's move on after I have corrected a few assumptions in your post,I don't profess to be an expert in claims negotiations,but I have had experience of rogue reporting by a so called respectable journalist who many years ago decided to do a TV investigation into the doormen of a large midlands town,no direct allegations were aimed at me I hasten to add,this well known journalist worked alongside us and won our trust,he found there was no wrong doing but that wasn't going to get in the way of a good story my close friend was labelled as a drug pusher,it cost him his marriage,job and self respect,that is why I don't believe everything I read in the press or see on TV,these journalist's are out there to sell stories and the power of the press can ruin a good person,we don't know the full facts of this incident,and for you to label this person an idiot is plain stupid,how about giving someone the benefit of the doubt,it doesn't effect you in any way shape or form so why not bite your tongue,save your witty comments and just keep your thoughts to yourself.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by Judgee »

Well that would explain why you are so sensitive and dismissive of the press.

But this is a forum DB. No comments witty or otherwise equals no forum.

Perhaps you could bite your own tongue rather than dismiss other peoples views and label them all evil! :wink:

As for labelling this guy an idiot well just how hard is it to post a letter through a letter box and does the RM really have to come up with a step-by-step instruction manual on how to do it without chopping the end of your finger off? :crazy:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by DB1100 »

Judgee wrote:Well that would explain why you are so sensitive and dismissive of the press.

But this is a forum DB. No comments witty or otherwise equals no forum.

Perhaps you could bite your own tongue rather than dismiss other peoples views and label them all evil! :wink:

As for labelling this guy an idiot well just how hard is it to post a letter through a letter box and does the RM really have to come up with a step-by-step instruction manual on how to do it without chopping the end of your finger off? :crazy:
Well,funny you should say that,have you not been instructed on the correct way to move a York? or the need to pull rather than push the LWT.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by Judgee »

DB1100 wrote:
Judgee wrote:Well that would explain why you are so sensitive and dismissive of the press.

But this is a forum DB. No comments witty or otherwise equals no forum.

Perhaps you could bite your own tongue rather than dismiss other peoples views and label them all evil! :wink:

As for labelling this guy an idiot well just how hard is it to post a letter through a letter box and does the RM really have to come up with a step-by-step instruction manual on how to do it without chopping the end of your finger off? :crazy:
Well,funny you should say that,have you not been instructed on the correct way to move a York? or the need to pull rather than push the LWT.
Only recently, this is true. But I must be a genius because I managed using both for many years without losing a single finger! :nervous
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by DB1100 »

Judgee wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
Judgee wrote:Well that would explain why you are so sensitive and dismissive of the press.

But this is a forum DB. No comments witty or otherwise equals no forum.

Perhaps you could bite your own tongue rather than dismiss other peoples views and label them all evil! :wink:

As for labelling this guy an idiot well just how hard is it to post a letter through a letter box and does the RM really have to come up with a step-by-step instruction manual on how to do it without chopping the end of your finger off? :crazy:
Well,funny you should say that,have you not been instructed on the correct way to move a York? or the need to pull rather than push the LWT.
Only recently, this is true. But I must be a genius because I managed using both for many years without losing a single finger! :nervous
How about the tip of one?
For we were soldiers once,and young
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by Judgee »

Nope not even the tip of one but I did get my some grit in my eye when it was windy the other day. Think I might sue the weather people. What do you think of my chances? :hmmmm
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by DB1100 »

Judgee wrote:Nope not even the tip of one but I did get my some grit in my eye when it was windy the other day. Think I might sue the weather people. What do you think of my chances? :hmmmm
Did your Dom read out the bad weather guidelines,did you have your hi vis on,and why didn't you do your walk back to front thus avoiding the oncoming wind,I think your chances are slim because RM have your safety as their primary concern, :hmmmm
For we were soldiers once,and young
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by Judgee »

Hmmmm back to plan <a> then.... find a block of flats and throw myself down the stairs whilst wearing a high vis jacket and the correct footwear of course! :wink:
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Postman to sue RM (200k) after letterbox amputates finge

Post by Spedley »

I reckon a significant number of 'dog bites' are cause by the letterbox. I've done it myself when I've heard a dog bark - you let go of the letterbox and then pull your finger out causing the damage and a lot of pain to your finger-tip.
Personally I'd keep quiet about that rather than try and sue somebody for it. :coolr