Oh dear, I thought forums were designed for asking questionsTrueBlueTerrier wrote: YES YOU DID.
This is an official warning don't do it again, its not debate, its not welcome and it is against the rules. If you disagree then make a cogent argument, don't try to get round the rules.Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
No first aider
-
pod25
- Posts: 240
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 21:13
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Lounge Lizard wrote:I and most of my colleagues have a good enough idea of preserving life, preventing the worsening of the patient’s condition and promoting recoveryzx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?zx135 wrote:pod25 wrote:Its not a legal requirement, but it is a H&S requirement to have a first aider for every 25 people (it could be every 30, can't remember)
As for the H&S rep, in no one wants to do it, not much you can say about it.
And for a fire officer, never known that before ?
Fire officer is usually the dom
As for first aiders that requirement of 1 is actually a requirement of 3, as the first aider has a day off you need someone to cover that and when first aider is on holiday the first aid cover also has a day off so need a third to cover that. There's lots of offices up and down the country who just tick the box and say we have a first aider but actually when you look into it there's shifts with no cover![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
No to both of those. But the office does need at least 3 first aiders to cover every shift under hse requirements![]()
![]()
.
Qualified first aiders don't have a monopoly on such common sense.
You may well do but the op is asking about the rules on the need to have first aiders I was just pointing out the facts
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No first aider
No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Hmmm, regards the OP question. It is a legal requirement.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. These Regulations apply to all workplaces including those with less than five employees and to the self-employed.
http://www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid/legislation.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No first aider
With motorists in America being wealthier and having bigger cars I might comment that petrol is more precious in Britain than the US, but if you considered my previous comment racist then you will somehow consider the equivalent comment that that 'petrol is more precious in Britain' as racist.zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?
I do not know why my original comment was deleted.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Lounge Lizard wrote:With motorists in America being wealthier and having bigger cars I might comment that petrol is more precious in Britain than the US, but if you considered my previous comment racist then you will somehow consider the equivalent comment that that 'petrol is more precious in Britain' as racist.zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?![]()
I do not know why my original comment was deleted.
Soley making a comment that money is more precious to a particular race of people is blatantly racist, then using a offence slang term in a later post to describe that race is even more racist
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No first aider
zx,zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:With motorists in America being wealthier and having bigger cars I might comment that petrol is more precious in Britain than the US, but if you considered my previous comment racist then you will somehow consider the equivalent comment that that 'petrol is more precious in Britain' as racist.zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?![]()
I do not know why my original comment was deleted.
Soley making a comment that money is more precious to a particular race of people is blatantly racist, then using a offence slang term in a later post to describe that race is even more racist
You have not answered my question.
My comment was intended as a favourable one and will have been noted as such by those who not only celebrate diversity but also respect traditional values and lament the excesses all too common in many twenty-first century societies.
If you choose to interpret my remark differently that’s unfortunate but in no way was I being racist.
As for “a offence slang term” (sic) I have no idea what you mean as I don’t believe I’ve ever used such language on this forum or elsewhere.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: No first aider
Lounge Lizard wrote:zx,zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:With motorists in America being wealthier and having bigger cars I might comment that petrol is more precious in Britain than the US, but if you considered my previous comment racist then you will somehow consider the equivalent comment that that 'petrol is more precious in Britain' as racist.zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?![]()
I do not know why my original comment was deleted.
Soley making a comment that money is more precious to a particular race of people is blatantly racist, then using a offence slang term in a later post to describe that race is even more racist
You have not answered my question.
My comment was intended as a favourable one and will have been noted as such by those who not only celebrate diversity but also respect traditional values and lament the excesses all too common in many twenty-first century societies.
If you choose to interpret my remark differently that’s unfortunate but in no way was I being racist.
As for “a offence slang term” (sic) I have no idea what you mean as I don’t believe I’ve ever used such language on this forum or elsewhere.
I am not going to get into a debate with a racist like you. Your comments were racists and you made jokes about them. I suggest you read up a little about respecting other people and cultures. I have no interest in discussing it further with you
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: No first aider
zx,zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:zx,zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:With motorists in America being wealthier and having bigger cars I might comment that petrol is more precious in Britain than the US, but if you considered my previous comment racist then you will somehow consider the equivalent comment that that 'petrol is more precious in Britain' as racist.zx135 wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:No, never have I made a racist comment on this forum.zx135 wrote:Have you done so yourself? You were making racist comments and then joking about them a few days ago yourselfLounge Lizard wrote:And have you ever read the guidelines and rules that apply to users of this forum ?pod25 wrote:Has anyone ever told you that you are an idiot ?Lounge Lizard wrote: So would you expect a first aider in each shared van ?![]()
And do you always have a first aider at home ?
but if you choose to interpret my positive attitude towards a disposition to a wise habit as a negative criticism of a 'race' then that's your prerogative.
Actually you made 2 racist comments then tried to joke about it, as you are doing yet again, generalising any race of people like that is a racist comment it's exactly the same as what balotelli did on twitter
Also if there was nothing wrong with the comments then why did they get deleted?![]()
I do not know why my original comment was deleted.
Soley making a comment that money is more precious to a particular race of people is blatantly racist, then using a offence slang term in a later post to describe that race is even more racist
You have not answered my question.
My comment was intended as a favourable one and will have been noted as such by those who not only celebrate diversity but also respect traditional values and lament the excesses all too common in many twenty-first century societies.
If you choose to interpret my remark differently that’s unfortunate but in no way was I being racist.
As for “a offence slang term” (sic) I have no idea what you mean as I don’t believe I’ve ever used such language on this forum or elsewhere.
I am not going to get into a debate with a racist like you. Your comments were racists and you made jokes about them. I suggest you read up a little about respecting other people and cultures. I have no interest in discussing it further with you
And I have no interest in discussing it further with you since we aren't going to agree.
I know what my original post was, know that it was made with good intent and do not accept it was racist.
As for “a offence slang term” and "jokes" I repeat that I have no idea what you mean as my two subsequent comments were neither offensive nor jokes.
Maybe a moderator can comment about the accusations being made against me.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: No first aider
The subject was dead Lounge Lizard and ZX135 why drag it up and kill someones elses thread.
Locked.
I have more important things to worry about than who said what.
Locked.
I have more important things to worry about than who said what.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: No first aider
pod25 wrote:Oh dear, I thought forums were designed for asking questionsTrueBlueTerrier wrote: YES YOU DID.
This is an official warning don't do it again, its not debate, its not welcome and it is against the rules. If you disagree then make a cogent argument, don't try to get round the rules.Please do not in any circumstances resort to name calling or behaviour that could be deemed as bullying or harassment.
It is and don't take me for a fool.
POSTMAN EDIT:
POSTMAN wrote:Please note we have a report feature on the site
Please use it instead of causing topics to go off topic and at times it is possible for the user who is complaining to break the rules while complaining because it kicks off.
All reports are looked at the second an Admin logs on.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.