ive not been told any different, infact whenever I say it the dim says can you swap your rest day!19times wrote:GoingRoundTheBend wrote:you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then
You can't do this can you?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you lazy?
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
Surely all they can do is stop you a days payGoingRoundTheBend wrote:ive not been told any different, infact whenever I say it the dim says can you swap your rest day!19times wrote:GoingRoundTheBend wrote:you also get that look when you ask for a day off and they say you cant..... so you reply I will be taking it as unpaid then
You can't do this can you?
-
secluder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
Even if a manager said that to me in a so called lighthearted manner i would record it (Via mobile) and put an harassment complaint in writing. I would then stay on the case until i got an apology and it put in writing that anyone rightly not working their day off isn't the subject of nasty comments referring to a persons working ability.fly-catchers wrote:In our office you are considered "lazy" by the DIM if you don't want to work your day off!!So I'm lazy!!
You're there to do a decent weeks work and to then be ridiculed for doing the job correctly is absolutely preposterous.
You exhaust yourself working that extra day and ring in sick the next.....See where the manager stands at that point!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Are you lazy?
Are you lazy?
Me, ye...
Me, ye...
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Are you lazy?
im def lazy as i am buying up to 6 weeks off this year. as too are half the office
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
How would you know to record it?secluder wrote:Even if a manager said that to me in a so called lighthearted manner i would record it.
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
At our office we are called lazy for taking breaks
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Are you lazy?
I am wicked and lazy in that I take my breaks and never work my day off send the bully to me for doing my lapsed as well.
-
rusty nails
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
If you ask our dim the entire office is bone idle work dodgers. He says that whilst grilling a bacon butty on his knock off grill. 
-
secluder
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 30 Aug 2009, 10:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Are you lazy?
It would be common knowledge in the office when a manager is on the lookout to make short cuts, so you simply press the record button on your mobile phone and wait for the manager to approach. Trust me, my mobile phone is always on record whilst in the office and deleted before I start my round.Bahia Feliz wrote:How would you know to record it?secluder wrote:Even if a manager said that to me in a so called lighthearted manner i would record it.
-
venger
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38
Re: Are you lazy?
It's my day off. I NEVER work it, so they don't even bother asking me as they'll know what the answer will be.