ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday pay refused

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Bank holiday pay refused

Post by General Mannerheim »

Lincox wrote:I cannot understand why there are reps that have no clue about what has been agreed between Royal Mail and CWU. I appreciate that they do the job voluntarily but if you cannot get even the most simplest of agreements correct why even bother putting yourself forward. Or is there some other ulterior motive?

It's so we can eat custard creams with our mate the DOM and get the easiest duties.....everybody knows that sheesh! :roll:
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday pay refused

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

maddam78 wrote:I only work 2 days / week is that mean I'm not entitled to be paid?
Sounds like you are entitled to 11.2 shifts of paid annual leave per year, which cannot be rounded down and can include bank holidays.

https://www.gov.uk/calculate-your-holiday-entitlement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does that work out right for you, given that you should get 9 days annual leave (4.5 weeks) from your basic entitlement excluding any bank holidays?
maddam78
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 07:55
Gender: Female

Re: Bank holiday pay refused

Post by maddam78 »

Ok I work 2 nights: Monday and Saturday 15.36 hrs/week, office HWDC
8 hrs in lieu is added to my annual leave, is that correct?
I have spoken to hr today and was told that even to have day in lieu is a managers decision not my entitlement
My union rep will email area rep to find out

I think i will put in a grievance but never done it before and need some guidelines please

Also thank all of you for your help