ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Almost there

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by beezet »

same from me another 2 years and ill have worked the same as you roll on 65
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Almost there

Post by DB1100 »

rhino49 wrote:
DB1100 wrote:Good luck mate,I might see you on bleaklow or black hill one day,I've got a few pairs of cat boots stockpiled for my retirement or EVR,take care and watch out for peat bogs.
you don't have to look out for peat bogs on Bleaklow - they look out for you !!!
Maybe boring but I like to find the aircraft wrecks up there,have fun mate anyway
For we were soldiers once,and young
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dvbuk55 »

Don't go Rhino, 65 is the new 50 :chuckle have a long and happy retirement. :wave
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dblad »

baldrick wrote:Congratulations on making it to 65! Enjoy your retirement, you are lucky to live near the Penines with some great walking. I like walking too, but have to travel out of London to be able to walk anywhere scenic. I have bought a Senior Railcard and try to get out of London for a walk at least once a week, usually to the Essex or Kent coasts.
I hope you keep in touch on this board, you have been one of the more thoughtful and interesting contributors on here. Best wishes for a long and happy retirement, you have earned it. :Very Happy
Some nice walks from Shere, lovely place.
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: Almost there

Post by BoltonPostie »

Good luck mate on your retirement you've earned it,hope you still look into the forum now and again. :wave
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Almost there

Post by arnold cheshire »

noones anymore than a week away from leaving :left:
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Re: Almost there

Post by Glenno »

Good luck to you Rhino, time to start chilling I also have enjoyed your company on this board and appreciate your input and comments, keep checking in matey... :wave :wave
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Almost there

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Luck Barsteward - enjoy your Freedom.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
tonymackem
Posts: 8
Joined: 13 Nov 2013, 22:43
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by tonymackem »

Have a great retirement Rhino,i have been gone 18 months now, legs well on the road to recovery all the best
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by bluealbert »

I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dvbuk55 »

bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by bluealbert »

dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
I know mate :thumbdown :arrrghhh
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dvbuk55 »

bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
I know mate :thumbdown :arrrghhh
I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by bluealbert »

dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
I know mate :thumbdown :arrrghhh
I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.
I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go now :thumbup :wave :dance
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dvbuk55 »

bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
I know mate :thumbdown :arrrghhh
I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.
I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go now :thumbup :wave :dance
I hear you blue, but I have a reasonable work life balance and after more than 50 years working it has become a habit like smoking and drinking neither of which I do and when it becomes a chore or they ask me to go I'll leave.