ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Health & Safety,my arse
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
and if you illegally invade someone else's country, expect to get shot at while enjoying their sunshine.
-
GoingRoundTheBend
- Posts: 108
- Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
To be fair to the fella he was just doing his job and it was the idiots in the asylum..... sorry I meant government that sent them to invade another country and get shot at.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
tell that to the postie who got shot last year down the boulevard in ullsaddlerposty wrote:stop bloody whinging you wimps !!try doing a tour of Afgan or Iraq then you'll know what it is to work in the heat. and at least your not getting shot at whilst delivering.
we are turning into a nation of wimps.
-
Kezroyalmail
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 19:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
1:I do 6.30 hrs a day,2:I didn't mess around,just got on with it,3:finished bang on time,4:I'm awesome lolBahia Feliz wrote:So you had time to prep your walk,watch a video AND lapse in your 5 or 6 hours duty time? Must be a rare easy park & loop delivery!Kezroyalmail wrote:We've known about how hot it's gonna be for a few days now so why don't the managers get us to come in earlier so we can finish before it gets craaaazy hot.Instead I went in this morning my walk hadn't been touched(supposed to throw out a bit cus I'm a part timer) had to watch a dog video,had to lapse also.All managers say is drink plenty of water and keep in the shade(yeah cus I carry a bloody umbrella with my extra pair of hands).and to top it off my partner has a heart condition.thought he was gonna keel over at the end of the walk.
Doctor Hilary on tv this morning told people not to go out between 11-3,pahahah!
So don't tell me my park and loop is easy cus it ain't,it's one of the biggest in the office.
Anyway I wasn't talking about how hard or easy my walk is I was on about how managers could make it easier for us.yes I know soldiers in Iraq etc do it all the time but I'm a postie posting my views on a Royal Mail chat.A thank you
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
You tell him girl 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
With the greatest respect wind your neck in - I am struggling and I have done 1 Desert Tour , 2 Jungle Tours and been on 3 "getting shot at tours".saddlerposty wrote:stop bloody whinging you wimps !!try doing a tour of Afgan or Iraq then you'll know what it is to work in the heat. and at least your not getting shot at whilst delivering.
we are turning into a nation of wimps.
The difference is that the forces HELP you acclimatise for 3 weeks before the send you out on tasks, RM check the forecast and kick you out the door.
PS No invasions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
I've done my share as well and would rather be back in any day than working for these morons,I thought our ruperts were bad but RM managers would struggle to find their asses in a phone box using both hands.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:With the greatest respect wind your neck in - I am struggling and I have done 1 Desert Tour , 2 Jungle Tours and been on 3 "getting shot at tours".saddlerposty wrote:stop bloody whinging you wimps !!try doing a tour of Afgan or Iraq then you'll know what it is to work in the heat. and at least your not getting shot at whilst delivering.
we are turning into a nation of wimps.
The difference is that the forces HELP you acclimatise for 3 weeks before the send you out on tasks, RM check the forecast and kick you out the door.
PS No invasions.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
My tuppence worth.....DB1100 wrote:I've done my share as well and would rather be back in any day than working for these morons,I thought our ruperts were bad but RM managers would struggle to find their asses in a phone box using both hands.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:With the greatest respect wind your neck in - I am struggling and I have done 1 Desert Tour , 2 Jungle Tours and been on 3 "getting shot at tours".saddlerposty wrote:stop bloody whinging you wimps !!try doing a tour of Afgan or Iraq then you'll know what it is to work in the heat. and at least your not getting shot at whilst delivering.
we are turning into a nation of wimps.
The difference is that the forces HELP you acclimatise for 3 weeks before the send you out on tasks, RM check the forecast and kick you out the door.
PS No invasions.
We had proper kit...(or " found it")
We had proper training
Things were allowed to go wrong and we learned
Majority of higher ranks were human
Weather was factored in
In this job however
We get radge gear
Training? Lol
Things go wrong and its always our fault
Most managers seem to have had common sense and humanity removed
And for a company that does a lot of work outdoors there is not enough flexibility for......sun-why not start early?....rain...just drive the van through it.....aaarghhh...snow...yea you'll be fine with the grips on your shoes....
And they wonder why I'm smiling all the time
I'm laughing
I won
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
I managed to start delivering just before 9am and it was still quite cloudy following the night storms. The first couple of hours were ok but the last two when the sun burst through were a little tough towards the end.
I do think they should either roll the last dispatch or bring it in un sequenced to get us out as early as possible when we are faced with 30+ deg c.
I do think they should either roll the last dispatch or bring it in un sequenced to get us out as early as possible when we are faced with 30+ deg c.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
monkeymutha
- Posts: 317
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
- Gender: Female
- Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
Nearly collapsed after the one mile trek with hct back to office today. Was sorting out the returned items and felt faint. Went over as well so didn't finish until gone 3. Was hit hard yesterday as well really struggled. Also I find it takes the rest of the day to recover, only then to have to do it again. Started sweating at 10am this morning and didn't stop. Had to lapse as well.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
monkeymutha wrote:Nearly collapsed after the one mile trek with hct back to office today. Was sorting out the returned items and felt faint. Went over as well so didn't finish until gone 3. Was hit hard yesterday as well really struggled. Also I find it takes the rest of the day to recover, only then to have to do it again. Started sweating at 10am this morning and didn't stop. Had to lapse as well.
You need to take some kind of break during the delivery in some shade. I stopped for about 15 mins and chatted to my support driver who had come to drop off a refill bag. It really helps you cool down.
Sip water / juice all the way around. You need to be careful.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
I suspect that we will get told tomorrow to avoid getting hit by lightning. Has anyone had a trolley hit by lightning 
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
And watch out for the bullets....
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Health & Safety,my arse
Had to lapse?monkeymutha wrote: Went over as well so didn't finish until gone 3. Had to lapse as well.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp