ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Anger as Royal Mail refuses to deliver child's letter

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Anger as Royal Mail refuses to deliver child's letter

Post by Indy »

Mr_Pink wrote:to collect a surcharge, slams a carrier bag down with £1.57 in 1ps
Wow I've had that 3 times. First time I let it go but got so pissed off the next 2 times I stood there and counted it 3 times after (possibly :left: ) making a mistake. Woman stood there nearly 10 minutes waiting :Very Happy
Third time it was a Saturday and there was a queue. The guy nearly got beaten up and took a huge amount to verbal abuse from the other people waiting.
old-postie
Posts: 59
Joined: 15 Jan 2010, 21:47
Gender: Male

Re: Anger as Royal Mail refuses to deliver child's letter

Post by old-postie »

Should have handed the coins back to the customer
and informer him that payment in 1ps and 2ps are only legal up to the amount of 20 pence
:nana
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Anger as Royal Mail refuses to deliver child's letter

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Mr_Pink wrote:I was covering the callers office the other day, some smug git came in to collect a surcharge that a relative a had sent him, slams a carrier bag down with £1.57 in 1ps, mutters something sarcastic under his breath, proceeds to try and snatch the letter out of my hand, so I make him wait while I count it (3 times)
After counting it three times ue an even more sarcastic voice to thank him adding that you're often short of change and it'll be most useful. :nana