From when does that 1 hour start and at what rate of work should it be measures. What about external factors might contribute to that 1 hour turning into 1 hour and 15 minutes or more?
I know that dvbuk55 does not do deliveries anymore so it is quite alright to have such a point of view but then he is a proper all-together Union man...
Like I pointed out before; a standard rate (even unofficial) cuts out the unfairness and make it less likely for managements to do deals and for some favourites to benefit from the usual nepotism...
What you will get with members slagging off some poorer part timers trying to make up their wages is a race to the bottom where we shall all be poorer for it.
A manager already told me that they are using some newer 27 hours posties for overtime and coming on day's off because they are cheaper. How can that be when the hourly rate are virtually the same (we are not talking age-related or less than 6 months in the job).
Once I found that the manager starts to argue with me on how long the delivery will take and/or found out that the hours paid is not what was agreed or generally perceived; I put a stop to ad-hoc overtime. My time is too valuable to go out and do extra for less money than I would have during normal hours (at the end of the day (on some days) some us still do not work the full hours that we are paid).
Time is money and I am not a 24 or 27 hours - why let my manager gets more bonuses out of my sweat?
So what we have now is some newer staff on low hours under-cutting the office (some do the work for less money than it takes - One even argues that he is still within his contractual hours whilst doing OT - manager's pet
So it is not just foreigners under-cutting the working class - some of our own are happy for us to do the race to the bottom. Next, we shall have 'thank you, boss, for giving me a chance to do this overtime; I'll do it for next to nothing as long as it keeps coming...
One of these new guys can be heard interjecting loudly when another postie was trying to negotiate with the manager on how long a particular loop/s will take; saying 'it should not take x amount of time to do that'... what a plonker!
Fact! Most full time staff and long-timers rarely do extra delivery overtime!!!