wannabeek wrote:Some of the duties I occasionally cover as a reserve out here in rural Norfolk are still cycling duties, the deadline for getting rid of them was over a year ago but they'll probably go sometime this year. The duty holders leave their bikes unlocked for ages, I break the duties into tiny loops around the bike so I'm always within hollering distance of it.
I surprised two girls recently when they were giggling together letting their little mutt take a pee against it! Nice area but any kid could be tempted by an amazon packet sitting there unattended. Maybe my "Oi! Gerrof!" which sent them racing off down the street has stopped them from getting drawn into a life of crime?
I sometimes see the bikes unattended so long I'm tempted to move them a bit, just a street away! I don't think it's fair to leave that sort of temptation in front of some kids. I did hear recently that there are still 4,500 bikes still in service around the country, and that they're all supposed to go soon.
That would be about right and since all the delivery methods revisions will be deployed this year then all of those bikes should be removed over that period.
Brain Fury wrote:
That would be about right and since all the delivery methods revisions will be deployed this year then all of those bikes should be removed over that period.
Not quite Brain, at least one office won't have a full DM revision but we don't have cycles so it won't affect that anyway.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Brain Fury wrote:
That would be about right and since all the delivery methods revisions will be deployed this year then all of those bikes should be removed over that period.
Not quite Brain, at least one office won't have a full DM revision but we don't have cycles so it won't affect that anyway.
Revision won't be in by March 2015? Where is the DO - the moon?
Huddersfield - we have specific problems which can't be resolved in the current location. 125 - 150 pairings spread over 3 floors with a carpark spacing on site for 20 -30 vans. Even PWHC tried to make it work.
They are actively looking at new sites, new builds, or merging with other offices, and even spiltting sites, but all have their own problems and issues.
Lastest guess is a new build with a time line of around 1 to 2 years from inception to operational status. But they may surprise us you never know.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Huddersfield - we have specific problems which can't be resolved in the current location. 125 - 150 pairings spread over 3 floors with a carpark spacing on site for 20 -30 vans. Even PWHC tried to make it work.
They are actively looking at new sites, new builds, or merging with other offices, and even spiltting sites, but all have their own problems and issues.
Lastest guess is a new build with a time line of around 1 to 2 years from inception to operational status. But they may surprise us you never know.
In my experience new builds always take longer than planned so I won't hold my breath. Unlikely I'll be around by then anyway.
bringon4dayweeks wrote:ive seen at least two posties leave letters on top of or in the tray on the front of a HCT and walk off leaving the HCT unattended is this allowed ?
No.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
bringon4dayweeks wrote:ive seen at least two posties leave letters on top of or in the tray on the front of a HCT and walk off leaving the HCT unattended is this allowed ?
Some posties are just not with it... Some still leave their bikes with mail in tray in the middle of busy high street and some do not wear helmet or high viz vests.
The one that annoys me the most is one that leaves his bike with mail and specials in pouch and some in trays and goes into an office complex with stairs to obtain signatures... Apart from the security of the mail, the office workers now expects other posties to go looking for them in their offices...
I use a trolley and like I said, I rarely leave it out of my sight. I certainly will not leave it in the middle of the busy high street pathway to get signatures when the delivery points are boxes in front of the building. Some posties