bustedflush wrote: Yes, it keeps RM's revenues going but surely this method of marketing must be catastrophically inefficient at the best of times.
Yep it is.
When I worked in a mail order company who used mail shots, and D2Ds the D2Ds were the cheapest per unit but had the lowest response rate. A typical D2D would generate a response rate of between 2% and 5% or on a 600 DP duty about 12 to 30 houses, and this would be considered a success.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
I can believe that. If I could find 2% of my customers who even read them I would be surprised. The environmental cost must be staggering. Most end up in recycling bins or landfill after being driven to the DO, driven out by us and then driven away by the recycling/refuse cart - and that's before being pulped or burned. I'm surprised too that the eco-Nazi's haven't been picketing RM by now.