prepare yourself for Q's like,monkleigh wrote:Last Friday I drove up an alley to deliver 3 items of mail to an address. To get back out again is a very tight turn which I exercised before going to pick up p & l ptnr to go and start loop 4. Soon after this I was contacted by line manager saying that he had received a call from the address at the top of the alley complaining that I had reversed in to their garage causing some damage. I replied, truthfully, that I was not aware that the van had made contact with the garage whilst in the alley. He said to come and see him on my return to the office. I checked the van and could see no new damage on it. I knew that during the manoeuvre to get out of the alleyway I would have had to have been close to either side, it is at least a 5 pt turn, but was sure that I had not hit anything, the customer however was insistent that I had. The line manager later went to visit the address and took some photos of damage to a garage door ( I have not seen these ) or indeed been back to the address, I am not even sure which garage is the one in question, as there are a couple there. He then called me later on Friday afternoon to find out if I could come in sat or mon ( it was my weekend off) to discuss the matter, I said I couldn't as was going away. Of course worried about it all weekend and this morning started with an invitation to attend a "fact finding interview" next Monday re the alleged accident last Friday, to determine whether charges under the conduct code are to be brought.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated. I have a clean 7 year record so far although have only been driving the vans since p & l came in last year and have never had any " changeover" driving test. I shall of course be asking our office rep to accompany me in the meeting, but would welcome any views on here. Thanks.
why you didnt reverse out of the drive?
why didn't you reverse up the drive and then drive out?
given the description of the drive why didn't you walk up it?
why did you choose to perform the manoeuvre?