Exactly. Keep on this mate.phronsias wrote:Thanksclashcityrocker wrote:I might be reading this all wrong but hypothyroidism is usually treatable by a pill.
You have to keep taking the pill but the symptoms go away so a modified duty isn't necessary.
In any case I'm not sure how you can tailor a duty to someone who feels tired all the time.
RM is under a legal obligation to TRY and create a modified duty. If it isn't possible .......
If, as is possible, the symptoms of IBS are fuelled by the underactive thyroid then that may also clear up with the thyroid medication.
Even if it doesn't then at the moment you no longer have ATOS confirming you are covered under the Equality Act.
And that isn't for ATOS or the GP to decide but will ultimately have to be decided at a tribunal.
Good luck with the scan.
Ive only developed underactive thyroid symptoms in the last few weeks, but Ive suffered with IBS for near 10 years, my GP said some of the underactive thyroid symptoms can fuel IBS but he is adamant a underactive thyroid is not the cause of all my symptoms and IBS is. This is just a case of management getting 3 atos reports that don't suit them and sending me back until they get the report that they want.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
IBS and Atos
-
Son Of God
- Posts: 188
- Joined: 21 Sep 2013, 13:34
- Gender: Male
Re: IBS and Atos
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: IBS and Atos
Hi
I got a call from the rep asking me to get a letter from my GP saying I have IBS and how severe it is on my worst day, I've just seen my GP and showed him the text, he said he will write it up tomorrow and it will be ready next week, the cwu rep told me there is a new attendance agreement and he said Atos will have to come to a consensus with my GP.
I got a call from the rep asking me to get a letter from my GP saying I have IBS and how severe it is on my worst day, I've just seen my GP and showed him the text, he said he will write it up tomorrow and it will be ready next week, the cwu rep told me there is a new attendance agreement and he said Atos will have to come to a consensus with my GP.
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: IBS and Atos
Yes it's treatable but it takes a while to get the right dose. Even then you may always retain some of the symptoms.clashcityrocker wrote:I might be reading this all wrong but hypothyroidism is usually treatable by a pill.
You have to keep taking the pill but the symptoms go away so a modified duty isn't necessary.
In any case I'm not sure how you can tailor a duty to someone who feels tired all the time.
RM is under a legal obligation to TRY and create a modified duty. If it isn't possible .......
If, as is possible, the symptoms of IBS are fuelled by the underactive thyroid then that may also clear up with the thyroid medication.
Even if it doesn't then at the moment you no longer have ATOS confirming you are covered under the Equality Act.
And that isn't for ATOS or the GP to decide but will ultimately have to be decided at a tribunal.
Good luck with the scan.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
-
phronsias
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 207
- Joined: 28 Oct 2011, 17:59
- Gender: Male
Re: IBS and Atos
Hi
I got the Atos report, it says Im not covered with regards my IBS but am covered for underactive thyroid gland, at the time I spoke to Atos I told her I didn't really understand what my GP told me, so I looked on the web and from the bits I could understand from my GP, I saw a lot about underactive thyroid gland,, she has put in the report I suffer from a underactive thyroid gland but I asked my GP and he said its preclinical underactive thyroid gland. Ive told my rep. What can happen about this?
Thanks
I got the Atos report, it says Im not covered with regards my IBS but am covered for underactive thyroid gland, at the time I spoke to Atos I told her I didn't really understand what my GP told me, so I looked on the web and from the bits I could understand from my GP, I saw a lot about underactive thyroid gland,, she has put in the report I suffer from a underactive thyroid gland but I asked my GP and he said its preclinical underactive thyroid gland. Ive told my rep. What can happen about this?
Thanks
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: IBS and Atos
Just a tip for you that you may not know. With an underactive thyroid you qualify for free prescriptions for life. Go to your docs and fill in the paperwork. Only takes a few mins. Not entirely sure where subclinical fits in although that could just mean it's at an early stage.
This is for All doctors prescriptions even if it's unrelated to your thyroid. What dose of Levothyroxine did you get put on?
For example 100mg is high. Obviously you don't have to share that info although you are welcome to PM me for advice.
This is for All doctors prescriptions even if it's unrelated to your thyroid. What dose of Levothyroxine did you get put on?
For example 100mg is high. Obviously you don't have to share that info although you are welcome to PM me for advice.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one