If you do not have anything positive to contribute you can just stay away from the topic.
Yes, I go on about hard done by Reserves are because a lot of people probably do not know and/or do not care. But it was refreshing to see that we have an office where people actually cared. And I congratulated them for it.
Your style of reply to post is more or less the same. Rarely anything positive to add.
It is not all walk holders that come in and expect to cover their rounds and I never said everything was the fault of the walk holders but it is not also all the fault of the managers. Managers are allowed to harass bully and get away with things sometimes because of the selfishness of people like you and others. Local reos and Area reps are not immuned from that blame.
I will not stop going on about how unfair the lot of some Reserves are because it can be unfair and there is no shortage of poster on here sharing their personal experience. If you do not relate then do not bother to reply.
How could not care how long you have been with RM, what you experienced could not be comparable to what is going on nowadays - even if we judge things in relative terms; it will still have been more of an easier life for a Reserve 10/15 or more years ago.
Like I said, the issue is not even about seniority but then you can't understand that it is about being negative with you...
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
chrisj wrote:If you do not have anything positive to contribute you can just stay away from the topic.
Yes, I go on about hard done by Reserves are because a lot of people probably do not know and/or do not care. But it was refreshing to see that we have an office where people actually cared. And I congratulated them for it.
Your style of reply to post is more or less the same. Rarely anything positive to add.
It is not all walk holders that come in and expect to cover their rounds and I never said everything was the fault of the walk holders but it is not also all the fault of the managers. Managers are allowed to harass bully and get away with things sometimes because of the selfishness of people like you and others. Local reos and Area reps are not immuned from that blame.
I will not stop going on about how unfair the lot of some Reserves are because it can be unfair and there is no shortage of poster on here sharing their personal experience. If you do not relate then do not bother to reply.
How could not care how long you have been with RM, what you experienced could not be comparable to what is going on nowadays - even if we judge things in relative terms; it will still have been more of an easier life for a Reserve 10/15 or more years ago.
Like I said, the issue is not even about seniority but then you can't understand that it is about being negative with you...
Forgive me, I guess I am just unable to post as positively as you!
.... now I'm off to see if I can find one?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
The situation of Reserves in terms of weekend off is unfair and it is almost impossible for a manager to actually manage to give all Reserves a fair share of Saturdays off.
I have come up with my analysis of the situation and even offered a suggestion.
I suppose you do not see a problem with the situation or you are just more concerned about my so-called rants.
I refer you to this topic and you can make your contribution - feel free to ignore mine...
http://royalmailchat.co.uk/community/vi ... 15&t=59416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or you could try and help this poster
Re: NEED SATURDAY OFF
Postby mucker161 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm
Can anyone please help me?
I'm a postie of 8years, I'm a holiday relief floater and cover two different batches. It has been 12 weeks since I've last had a Saturday off, never mind a long weekend. I'm growing very frustrated at this as every time a duty whose long weekend needs covered I'm taken off my weekly holiday relief and put on daily holiday relief. I really dont think this is fair and could be an equality issue. Any help with this matter would be very welcome. Thanks in advance
I have come up with my analysis of the situation and even offered a suggestion.
I suppose you do not see a problem with the situation or you are just more concerned about my so-called rants.
I refer you to this topic and you can make your contribution - feel free to ignore mine...
http://royalmailchat.co.uk/community/vi ... 15&t=59416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or you could try and help this poster
Re: NEED SATURDAY OFF
Postby mucker161 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm
Can anyone please help me?
I'm a postie of 8years, I'm a holiday relief floater and cover two different batches. It has been 12 weeks since I've last had a Saturday off, never mind a long weekend. I'm growing very frustrated at this as every time a duty whose long weekend needs covered I'm taken off my weekly holiday relief and put on daily holiday relief. I really dont think this is fair and could be an equality issue. Any help with this matter would be very welcome. Thanks in advance
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
reserves have always had it bad, i've known me walk in on a friday and look what my day off is for next week for it to be changed the next day, been put on the same duty for a week, blast the house holds out by weds then get moved to a duty where none's gone, i once got switched duties 6 times in 1 morning!
they never get to plan those weekends away or even book a week off to tag on to a sat/mon off to allow an extra couple of days scope for a flight abroad,
but to put a positive on the ponty lads view, they would get 8 long weekends (ish) per year , sun/mon/tue when the bank holidays come,
and i commend the duty holders there, but maybe they are not purely backing the reserves dilemma but perhaps thinking of the fact there will be some walks to absorb on an easy tuesday?
they never get to plan those weekends away or even book a week off to tag on to a sat/mon off to allow an extra couple of days scope for a flight abroad,
but to put a positive on the ponty lads view, they would get 8 long weekends (ish) per year , sun/mon/tue when the bank holidays come,
and i commend the duty holders there, but maybe they are not purely backing the reserves dilemma but perhaps thinking of the fact there will be some walks to absorb on an easy tuesday?
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
I found one amongst many others:Judgee wrote: Forgive me, I guess I am just unable to post as positively as you!![]()
.... now I'm off to see if I can find one?
http://royalmailchat.co.uk/community/vi ... es#p425295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
From that I can see that you have form when it comes to dismissing issues about Reserves... (2009)
As for reserves not doing IPS, kill offs and D2DS in your office, should that not be a management issue as you are very quick to point out? Moreover, why would anyone allocated to IPS not do IPS - I will rather do IPS than double-prep...
Despite being informed that things have changed since you started especially with Revision and P&L, you still trot out the same thing about people others have suffered before as Reserves back in 'them days' (b8llo*ks!).
As for you saying that RM treats everyone like sh*t; I certainly disagree and it is not even relevant to the issue of Reserves. I might be a Reserve but RM do not treat me like sh*t; the situation I find myself is only unfair, sometimes and it not altogether RM's fault.
As dingo will point out, the Reserves in London are treated equally and fairly as the rest of the staff, so why is it not happening all over the country?
The reason why we probably have a sit in at this office is probably to do with the fact that the inequality and unfairness has gone on unchecked and it has just being taken further by the management in this office. In addition, I have pointed out that as long walk holders are protected and other factors, there will not be enough slots to give a fair number of saturdays off to Reserves in most offices - London excepting because they know how to play the system.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
Well done for looking up one of your old positive posts, haven't looked at it but well done have a peanut!
"From that I can see that you have form when it comes to dismissing issues about Reserves... "
If you mean I think they moan and whine alot then yes you are correct.
"Despite being informed that things have changed since you started especially with Revision and P&L, you still trot out the same thing about people others have suffered before as Reserves back in 'them days' (b8llo*ks!). "
When I was a reserve I missed out on days off/holidays, got switched without notice and pushed from pillar to post, but then how would you know as you weren't there in "them days". It may sound like "b8llocks" to you because it suits your arguement but it wasn't easy. I didn't need to be "informed" about the changes I know I was there and I have have worked at RM ever since, seen the changes, you have seen one side of the coin and hence talk so much rubbish!
"As for reserves not doing IPS, kill offs and D2DS in your office, should that not be a management issue as you are very quick to point out? "
Yes it is, glad you now agree the above and work allocation, etc is all down to management and not the devils spawn duty holders you loathe so much!
"As for you saying that RM treats everyone like sh*t; I certainly disagree and it is not even relevant to the issue of Reserves. I might be a Reserve but RM do not treat me like sh*t; the situation I find myself is only unfair, sometimes and it not altogether RM's fault."
Make your mind up are you a hard done by reserve or a reserve that gets treated better than duty holders, you're going all over the place with your arguements now aren't you?
"As dingo will point out, the Reserves in London are treated equally and fairly as the rest of the staff, so why is it not happening all over the country?
The reason why we probably have a sit in at this office is probably to do with the fact that the inequality and unfairness has gone on unchecked and it has just being taken further by the management in this office. In addition, I have pointed out that as long walk holders are protected and other factors, there will not be enough slots to give a fair number of saturdays off to Reserves in most offices - London excepting because they know how to play the system."
What complete twaddle. London reserves aren't any better or worse off than reserves anywhere else in the country. As for the subject of this post yes it has been taken too far and reserves should be given a fair share of saturdays off this is probably the only point we agree on.
Now Chris please explain to me just what reserves are employed for because I am curious as to what you think they are there for? In your previous post you suggest they should be paid extra for thier adaptability and flexibility and for being treated like second class citizens (except you of course who is actually happy with the way you are treated by management?). Hmmm flexible and adaptable ie they fill in where needed. Is that flexible and adaptable or doing what they are paid to do?
"From that I can see that you have form when it comes to dismissing issues about Reserves... "
If you mean I think they moan and whine alot then yes you are correct.
"Despite being informed that things have changed since you started especially with Revision and P&L, you still trot out the same thing about people others have suffered before as Reserves back in 'them days' (b8llo*ks!). "
When I was a reserve I missed out on days off/holidays, got switched without notice and pushed from pillar to post, but then how would you know as you weren't there in "them days". It may sound like "b8llocks" to you because it suits your arguement but it wasn't easy. I didn't need to be "informed" about the changes I know I was there and I have have worked at RM ever since, seen the changes, you have seen one side of the coin and hence talk so much rubbish!
"As for reserves not doing IPS, kill offs and D2DS in your office, should that not be a management issue as you are very quick to point out? "
Yes it is, glad you now agree the above and work allocation, etc is all down to management and not the devils spawn duty holders you loathe so much!
"As for you saying that RM treats everyone like sh*t; I certainly disagree and it is not even relevant to the issue of Reserves. I might be a Reserve but RM do not treat me like sh*t; the situation I find myself is only unfair, sometimes and it not altogether RM's fault."
Make your mind up are you a hard done by reserve or a reserve that gets treated better than duty holders, you're going all over the place with your arguements now aren't you?
"As dingo will point out, the Reserves in London are treated equally and fairly as the rest of the staff, so why is it not happening all over the country?
The reason why we probably have a sit in at this office is probably to do with the fact that the inequality and unfairness has gone on unchecked and it has just being taken further by the management in this office. In addition, I have pointed out that as long walk holders are protected and other factors, there will not be enough slots to give a fair number of saturdays off to Reserves in most offices - London excepting because they know how to play the system."
What complete twaddle. London reserves aren't any better or worse off than reserves anywhere else in the country. As for the subject of this post yes it has been taken too far and reserves should be given a fair share of saturdays off this is probably the only point we agree on.
Now Chris please explain to me just what reserves are employed for because I am curious as to what you think they are there for? In your previous post you suggest they should be paid extra for thier adaptability and flexibility and for being treated like second class citizens (except you of course who is actually happy with the way you are treated by management?). Hmmm flexible and adaptable ie they fill in where needed. Is that flexible and adaptable or doing what they are paid to do?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
People are not specifically employed as 'Reserves' - they are just employed as a Postman just like you and anyone else and we all get paid the same rate except for new starters. What a strange comment or logic!
* There are posties of 10 years experience that were walk holders but have found themselves as Reserves after Revision and Repick - get that?
Just because I do not personally suffer everyday or do not see myself as an everyday victim of the Reserve policy or RM does not mean that I do not empathise with those that feel very bad about the situation.
Having a hard time as a reserve is not exactly an everyday issue and 1 saturday in 6 on average is not an every week issue. At the end of the day, I am not bitter enough about the job to say that we are all treated badly by RM - because it is blatantly not true.
I will never end up like someone who will continually refer to the old days - I see myself as an equal to a new starter or a very experienced staff because we all do the same job...
__________________________________________________________________________
Anyways, there are quite a few views on this thread, but does anyone actually have an update?
* There are posties of 10 years experience that were walk holders but have found themselves as Reserves after Revision and Repick - get that?
Just because I do not personally suffer everyday or do not see myself as an everyday victim of the Reserve policy or RM does not mean that I do not empathise with those that feel very bad about the situation.
Having a hard time as a reserve is not exactly an everyday issue and 1 saturday in 6 on average is not an every week issue. At the end of the day, I am not bitter enough about the job to say that we are all treated badly by RM - because it is blatantly not true.
I will never end up like someone who will continually refer to the old days - I see myself as an equal to a new starter or a very experienced staff because we all do the same job...
__________________________________________________________________________
Anyways, there are quite a few views on this thread, but does anyone actually have an update?
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
chrisj wrote:People are not specifically employed as 'Reserves' - they are just employed as a Postman just like you and anyone else and we all get paid the same rate except for new starters. What a strange comment or logic!
* There are posties of 10 years experience that were walk holders but have found themselves as Reserves after Revision and Repick - get that?
Just because I do not personally suffer everyday or do not see myself as an everyday victim of the Reserve policy or RM does not mean that I do not empathise with those that feel very bad about the situation.
Having a hard time as a reserve is not exactly an everyday issue and 1 saturday in 6 on average is not an every week issue. At the end of the day, I am not bitter enough about the job to say that we are all treated badly by RM - because it is blatantly not true.
I will never end up like someone who will continually refer to the old days - I see myself as an equal to a new starter or a very experienced staff because we all do the same job...
__________________________________________________________________________
Anyways, there are quite a few views on this thread, but does anyone actually have an update?
But they are reserves????? Are you insane????
What have reserves with ten years experience got to do with it?
You brought up the old days and you continually refer to the old days!
You say we all do the same job but we don't all do the same job?
You say you're "not bitter enough about the job to say that we are all treated badly by RM - because it is blatantly not true." and yet work load has increased and wages have failed to rise in line with inflation which in real terms equates to a pay cut? is that not badly treated not to mention the bullying and harrassment that goes on????
This is hopeless I'd get more sense out of a smelly flip flop, carry on arguing with yourself I'm going to talk to my cat who makes alot more sense than you!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
Long meeting between rep/adr/dom and dsm,no fixed Tuesdays for reserves any more agreed.chrisj wrote: Anyways, there are quite a few views on this thread, but does anyone actually have an update?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fatmike
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 27 May 2011, 14:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
Recently I had a grand total of 3 Saturdays off in a year, and even one of those I had to beg for (apparently getting married isn't a good enough reason to be given a Saturday off). Thankfully I'm on a proper duty now.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
It should really have been a short meeting to be honest.POSTMAN wrote:Long meeting between rep/adr/dom and dsm.
How long does it take to tell them to f**k off?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
Thanks for that.POSTMAN wrote:Long meeting between rep/adr/dom and dsm,no fixed Tuesdays for reserves any more agreed.chrisj wrote: Anyways, there are quite a few views on this thread, but does anyone actually have an update?
Thinking more about making a set of posties have only Tuesdays off will have meant that the said set of posties will have been working more hours than their colleagues...
If most offices work less hours (at least 1.15 hours) on Tuesday, the average hours worked for those Reserves will have been more than the others.
This is the sort of thing that can happen we do not all pull together... They will eventually come for us all. No doubt in 6 years or more we will most likely all be working more flexibly and RM will try to pick and choose people's days off.
Like korky said, such a pilot in Pontefract will have allowed RM to introduce more and/or longer lapsed, especially on Tuesdays.
Last edited by chrisj on 15 Jan 2014, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Two hour sit in at Pontefract DO
Because the dom in that office is one of the biggest arseholes you'll ever meet, he likes to hear himself and takes great delight in belittling people.fishtank wrote:It should really have been a short meeting to be honest.POSTMAN wrote:Long meeting between rep/adr/dom and dsm.
How long does it take to tell them to f**k off?