ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Most / Least Tips
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Most / Least Tips
90 and a xmas cake so far,
usually get some grog off a couple of folk, not seen em yet
-
shuffler3
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Jun 2009, 21:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
£ 370.00 / wine , whiskey & vodka ,
Chocolate & biscuits
Chocolate & biscuits
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
About £500 + wine chocolates and lager
take loads of papers mind, rural 
-
Cornishpostie44
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
Well over £100 already, beef, pork, lager, brandy and wine (I don't drink) and more to come, rural of course
The best ever remains my last rural route, a promise of a turkey on Christmas eve, I call to collect it and it was very much alive
The best ever remains my last rural route, a promise of a turkey on Christmas eve, I call to collect it and it was very much alive
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Most / Least Tips
"I don't drink"Cornishpostie44 wrote:Well over £100 already, beef, pork, lager, brandy and wine (I don't drink) and more to come, rural of course![]()
The best ever remains my last rural route, a promise of a turkey on Christmas eve, I call to collect it and it was very much alive
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
£5 and a handful of celebrations (the crap ones that nobody else wants - milky way, snickers, BOUNTY
) still, better than nothing 
-
Slysi16
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 03 Apr 2012, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
I got a tip shut my bloody gate !!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Most / Least Tips
Do you want all 10,000 members to form an orderly queue.Slysi16 wrote:I got a tip shut my bloody gate !!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Most / Least Tips
£5 for me, from one senior citizen whom I'd seen or spoke to before. This is on a P&L round of about 1300 addresses in total.
Well I can tell you one thing, there will be no more stashing parcels in bins, sheds, garages, over back gates, in mini dustbins, under caravans, in trailers, in external cupboards, behind plant pots, in a neighbour's house or anywhere apart from in their hands or my pouch or my van!
I can't wait for for somebody to ask my why I'm not leaving their parcel in the 'normal' place!
Well I can tell you one thing, there will be no more stashing parcels in bins, sheds, garages, over back gates, in mini dustbins, under caravans, in trailers, in external cupboards, behind plant pots, in a neighbour's house or anywhere apart from in their hands or my pouch or my van!
I can't wait for for somebody to ask my why I'm not leaving their parcel in the 'normal' place!
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
One small box of Cadbury biscuits intended for my partner who felt sorry for me and donated them.
-
Killersurfbunny
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 17:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
Town walk, £180 so far and that's mostly off people that didn't tip in previous years. Hoping tomorrow will be the best day. 
-
Tank
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
Had one pack of ales, been on my round 10 months! Mainly businesses, tight asses.
-
bobthepostie
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
About £80 so far but only been on this walk for 9 months or so since the revision so haven't actually spoken to that many people. Mainly been tipped by the people in the poorer schemes while the customers in the more well off areas have given hee haw. Fair difference from the £400+ i used to get on my last duty 
-
cweg
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
A fiver and a packet of Rolos. 
-
frankieboy
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34
Re: Most / Least Tips
Numerous tips, but the best ones are the " thank you postie for doing a great job for us", and after the year we,ve had it makes you feel appreciated. 