ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

my son at apprenticeship trade fair what he said to RM stand

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: my son at apprenticeship trade fair what he said to RM s

Post by fishtank »

Tman wrote:To someone desperate for a start as an apprentice ( and sadly many more want to than there are places available) the idea that "the management are really sh*t" or "I'd pass on that one" isn't really a viable choice.
I wouldn't pass on it if I was a kid looking for an apprenticeship but If I was at an apprenticeship trade fair and I had 50 stalls to see in 4 hours I would leave it near the bottom of my itinerary that's all...one of those "If i've got time" things. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: my son at apprenticeship trade fair what he said to RM s

Post by bandit1157 »

Tman wrote:So he dipped out on a potentially worthwhile job just because he wanted to have a pop on his mum's behalf?
You must be very proud.. :roll:
Worthwhile job ?
I bet thats what the crews of the slave ships used to say to the local population when they docked in Africa 300 years ago :Very Happy
It's life Jim but not as we know it