wiganpostie wrote:I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
So what did you serve in doglover or would you have to kill me if you told I was in the Army for 11 years and was demobbed whilst you was still at school and before you joined and I didn't get a pension but I did protect and serve just like you or I suspect nothing like you.
But to get back on topic, I expect to have a lie in because I don't work Mondays anyway.
Doglover wrote:I read with interest the posts on this forum about strike breakers, weasles and lord knows what else along with what should become of strike breakers. I believe strike action is every union and none union members right as long as they feel they have grievences with their company and not just their own office. After draw down, loss of benefits and and leave in the NHS and Armed Forces and other big companies ''modernising'', I see both sides of the coin coming from the Armed Forces as a senior manager to being a postie. A lot less responsibility, fair pay and leave for an unskilled position with little or no training or responsibility.
The job itself after two years is fine, busy days mixed with light days, heavy days of flats and packets and the beloved D2D to deal with. The one day strike will make little or no impact on my office, all the business mail, packets and any Specials will be delivered without any disruption at all. The posties will come in on the 5th and have a heavy day and that will be it until the next CWU installment. So what do you think the CWU/Royal Mail negotiations will bring too you in the future. Better pay conditions, more annual leave, job security ? Protected pension with low personal contributions with a guaranteed return ? I personally do not see a way ahead, but for the long term postal workers, I do hope you get what you think you deserve through this industrial action.
I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
Well, I had a one-in-three chance of getting it right - roughly the same odds as understanding the point of your original, long-winded, dithering post.
As an ex member and employee i would be hoping for a longer than 3 years deal to hold a much more stable position in job security.....after all the share price is great.
the company is doing great and like john lewis royal mail should follow suit and reward its employees accordingly.
reducing the dividend should help offset the cost of this.
why pay 6% when inflation is under 3%?
some companies pay even less...some dont even pay at all atm.
wiganpostie wrote:I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
So what did you serve in doglover or would you have to kill me if you told I was in the Army for 11 years and was demobbed whilst you was still at school and before you joined and I didn't get a pension but I did protect and serve just like you or I suspect nothing like you.
Yeah, bit funny that we suddenly have a couple of geezers on here who both have to mention they're ex-forces and against the strike.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
wiganpostie wrote:I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
So what did you serve in doglover or would you have to kill me if you told I was in the Army for 11 years and was demobbed whilst you was still at school and before you joined and I didn't get a pension but I did protect and serve just like you or I suspect nothing like you.
Yeah, bit funny that we suddenly have a couple of geezers on here who both have to mention they're ex-forces and against the strike.
wiganpostie wrote:I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
So what did you serve in doglover or would you have to kill me if you told I was in the Army for 11 years and was demobbed whilst you was still at school and before you joined and I didn't get a pension but I did protect and serve just like you or I suspect nothing like you.
Yeah, bit funny that we suddenly have a couple of geezers on here who both have to mention they're ex-forces and against the strike.
Two? - Who other than doglover Harry?
trevJim on 'on strike day' thread.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
wiganpostie wrote:I can see why you left the army - there's no fight left in you.
Wrong service, incorrect conclusion
So what did you serve in doglover or would you have to kill me if you told I was in the Army for 11 years and was demobbed whilst you was still at school and before you joined and I didn't get a pension but I did protect and serve just like you or I suspect nothing like you.
Yeah, bit funny that we suddenly have a couple of geezers on here who both have to mention they're ex-forces and against the strike.
Two? - Who other than doglover Harry?
trevJim on 'on strike day' thread.
I don't understand their stance H, as ex servicemen they must have relied on their comrades to work together to protect and support one another. In a small tight knit group it was even more important. I'm not suggesting RM is as dangerous as an armed enemy but they are a threat and as such everyone should stand together.
I question what the present RM management can offer us in terms of our contracts as they don`t yet know what plans the new owners will have in the long term, you could say Moya`s hands are tied
I've been with Royal mail for 2 years and i think it s a good pay offer and a good bonus in december. I cant actually see why you're striking.
when i had an issue, CWU, just made it all worse and quite frankly they're not worth the money i pay them.
so you tell me- why i should strike. when royal mail is just the same as any other company i have worked for... you're all far to comfy. or is it because your all old and in the wrong job?
why was i still on a temp contract for 12months? why did i had to jump through hoops... maybe i'm the new calibre of new starter- in which case- royal mail is screwed and hopeless...
whatever happens, has already happened...
windermeredave wrote:I question what the present RM management can offer us in terms of our contracts as they don`t yet know what plans the new owners will have in the long term, you could say Moya`s hands are tied
Sorry they aren't tied - we don't have new owners - we have perhaps a few million new shareholders. The government still holds the most shares, and we have the same board in charge, nothing significant has changed on the Industrial side, except we are now shareholders ourselves.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
windermeredave wrote:I question what the present RM management can offer us in terms of our contracts as they don`t yet know what plans the new owners will have in the long term, you could say Moya`s hands are tied