ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

priority shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by wacko74 »

I've applied for some, but I'm hearing lots about the issue being heavily oversubscribed and peoples allocations being quite drastically scaled back... is this likely to apply to us or should we get our full requested allocation as we've supposedly got 'priority'?
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by RobertT »

wacko74 wrote:I've applied for some, but I'm hearing lots about the issue being heavily oversubscribed and peoples allocations being quite drastically scaled back... is this likely to apply to us or should we get our full requested allocation as we've supposedly got 'priority'?
You will get priority for the first £10,000 you want to purchase assuming you go through the EPO. If you buy through a stockbroker, you'll be treated as a normal member of the public so you may not get the full amount you apply for.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: priority shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

RobertT I have applied for a lot of shares last week but now seeing they are likely to be priced so high do you still think they are going to rise or fall at the start? I am only saying this as have bought on ig index all week and have made nice profits but as they say shares can't keep rising.reason being I might sell on the markets if this is likely..
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by RobertT »

cloherty1976 wrote:RobertT I have applied for a lot of shares last week but now seeing they are likely to be priced so high do you still think they are going to rise or fall at the start?
There are reports suggesting RM is under priced at the £2.60 - £3.30 Billion mark which suggests the price may well rise at first. But there's also the possibility of a strike which could lower it again. Personally I do think they will rise initially but not by much. So there won't be much money to be made in the first few weeks for the average small time investor due to dealing charges, etc. I think it's more of a medium term share.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: priority shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

RobertT wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:RobertT I have applied for a lot of shares last week but now seeing they are likely to be priced so high do you still think they are going to rise or fall at the start?
There are reports suggesting RM is under priced at the £2.60 - £3.30 Billion mark which suggests the price may well rise at first. But there's also the possibility of a strike which could lower it again. Personally I do think they will rise initially but not by much. So there won't be much money to be made in the first few weeks for the average small time investor due to dealing charges, etc. I think it's more of a medium term share.
Yes that is what I think too just a little worried buying them at £3.30 and upwards and they fall in first few weeks to say £2.70. I will buy them but not as many as at first but will always hold until they return a profit.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by OnAFlyer »

Quick question, as we are buying these shares direct from RM will there be any commission to pay when we sell them?
ratchet
Posts: 210
Joined: 03 Dec 2012, 13:12
Gender: Male
Location: Buggered off to France

Re: priority shares

Post by ratchet »

barrowc wrote:
north london driver wrote:the shares that are given to moya and the little boys who she runs, will they be also not be able
to cash in until after 3 years or are they exempt.
Just one year for the Directors (presumably this is directors in the legal company sense rather than Royal Mail job titles like "director of paper clips") This could be possibly less than one year subject to unspecified "certain exceptions" or the "prior written consent of the Joint Global Coordinators"

From page 20 of the prospectus:
Pursuant to deeds of lockup, each of the Directors has agreed that, subject to certain exceptions, during the period of 365 days from the date of Admission, he or she will not, without the prior written consent of the Joint Global Coordinators, offer, sell or contract to sell, or otherwise dispose of any Ordinary Shares (or any interest therein in respect thereof) or enter into any transaction with the same economic effect as any of the foregoing, including in respect of any Ordinary Shares acquired by them pursuant to the Offer (including the Employee Priority Offer) and/or the Employee Free Shares Offer.
Some are more equal than others :no no
I am no longer a number :-)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: priority shares

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

OnAFlyer wrote:Quick question, as we are buying these shares direct from RM will there be any commission to pay when we sell them?
:hmmmm :hmmmm
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 33#p595533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dt123
Posts: 29
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00

Re: priority shares

Post by dt123 »

Amazed, bewildered, cant believe what I'm reading. We have got RM employees discussing the best way to make a quick buck out of the erosion of their own terms and conditions. ' not sure how many I might buy now if there priced at the top of the scale'......'how long should i leave them before i cash in'....will i pay commission' . If there was ever a reason to vote yes then this must be it, employees putting their own personal greed before the security of the jobs and terms and conditions of their colleagues.
Pete22
Posts: 127
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
Gender: Male
Location: Cook-coo land

Re: priority shares

Post by Pete22 »

dt123 wrote:Amazed, bewildered, cant believe what I'm reading. We have got RM employees discussing the best way to make a quick buck out of the erosion of their own terms and conditions. ' not sure how many I might buy now if there priced at the top of the scale'......'how long should i leave them before i cash in'....will i pay commission' . If there was ever a reason to vote yes then this must be it, employees putting their own personal greed before the security of the jobs and terms and conditions of their colleagues.

:Applause :Applause :Applause :thumbup :thumbup
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by OnAFlyer »

dt123 wrote:Amazed, bewildered, cant believe what I'm reading. We have got RM employees discussing the best way to make a quick buck out of the erosion of their own terms and conditions. ' not sure how many I might buy now if there priced at the top of the scale'......'how long should i leave them before i cash in'....will i pay commission' . If there was ever a reason to vote yes then this must be it, employees putting their own personal greed before the security of the jobs and terms and conditions of their colleagues.
Can you explain why an RM employee buying shares is more detrimental to you than a member of the public or investment firm buying them?

Or are you suggesting that if we don't buy any shares then somehow the float won't go ahead? It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how or what people vote in the ballot, RM will already be sold before the ballot even ends so it doesn't make a jot of difference to you if I buy some or not.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: priority shares

Post by Shambles »

I think it's called Principles?

I don't mean to be rude, but some of us have them, regardless!

I would personally feel like a hypocrite, but then, that's just me!

The Devil can't buy my soul, cos I flogged it already :left: :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
dt123
Posts: 29
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00

Re: priority shares

Post by dt123 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
dt123 wrote:Amazed, bewildered, cant believe what I'm reading. We have got RM employees discussing the best way to make a quick buck out of the erosion of their own terms and conditions. ' not sure how many I might buy now if there priced at the top of the scale'......'how long should i leave them before i cash in'....will i pay commission' . If there was ever a reason to vote yes then this must be it, employees putting their own personal greed before the security of the jobs and terms and conditions of their colleagues.
Can you explain why an RM employee buying shares is more detrimental to you than a member of the public or investment firm buying them?

Or are you suggesting that if we don't buy any shares then somehow the float won't go ahead? It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.

It has absolutely nothing to do with how or what people vote in the ballot, RM will already be sold before the ballot even ends so it doesn't make a jot of difference to you if I buy some or not.
No I wont explain cause if I need to explain then my cause to you is already lost. Just buy your shares.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by freelunch »

RobertT wrote:There are reports suggesting RM is under priced at the £2.60 - £3.30 Billion mark which suggests the price may well rise at first. But there's also the possibility of a strike which could lower it again. Personally I do think they will rise initially but not by much. So there won't be much money to be made in the first few weeks for the average small time investor due to dealing charges, etc. I think it's more of a medium term share.
Probable strike action by postal workers is priced in to pre-issue prices. Any industrial action is likely to have only minimal influence on RM earnings over the months ahead. With the under-performance of bonds this year, investors are very much looking forward to a new safe, higher yielding asset. I think this Royal Mail IPO will surpass nearly all the price expectations currently out there, i.e. £4.00+
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by wacko74 »

Can we try and keep the bitterness and resentment out of this and concentrate on the facts and Q & A's regarding the priority shares.

If you want to discuss the morals and principles of buying extra shares then start a new thread on it.

For the record I've applied to buy extra shares, I've also voted YES to strike action and will be walking out.

In answer to the earlier question Equiniti the RM nominee shareholder charge 1% when selling, which is quite steep compared to other options available, but I'm guessing buying through them is our only option if we want to get employee priority, so bit of a catch 22 situation.

Thanks to RobertT for the answers so far, seems to have bit more share knowledge than the average thick postie (me!)