Go on deliveries, you don't get the joke.Cyclopz wrote:Now why would I want to do that?llcoolh wrote:Or you could just leave the job stay at home claim benefits and let those 35 ethnic minorities feed you from their hard earned TAX deductions!!!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
It's decision time
-
dblad
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
-
Mr Incognito
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
I have worked in my office since the 90's and I have seen it go from a majority British White staffed office to a Minority British White staffed office - but you know what, I have no problems with that whatsoever as they are all a great bunch of lads and we all get along with no issues.
My advice... take the Heathrow job and be forever grateful that you don't have to any 'donkey' work.
My advice... take the Heathrow job and be forever grateful that you don't have to any 'donkey' work.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
Look on the bright side you will be able to use the ethnic minority card, have every Holy day of obligation off as part of your religious belief, have everyone on tenterhooks in case they say something not quite PC.............happy days 
-
doyourd2d
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 01 Feb 2011, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
How much is on the cards for going to hwdc.Don't go into deliveries they are getting worse.
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: It's decision time
Your skin colour does not put you in a minority, what puts you in a minority is the fact that you think that your skin colour puts you in a minority.
-
Cyclopz
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
Great advice from everyone and I thank you for it, I really do.
It's really the language issue that troubles me, being surrounded by loads of different languages being spoken.
To be honest it makes me feel dizzy but I hope I get accustomed to it, I hope it becomes normal to me over time.
From all the very helpful comments the impression I get in no uncertain terms is "Don't whatever you do go on deliveries" so I shan't.
It looks like Heathrow here we come.
I shall be starting in September some time so I will keep you all posted and if there are any vacancies I shall let people know.

It's really the language issue that troubles me, being surrounded by loads of different languages being spoken.
To be honest it makes me feel dizzy but I hope I get accustomed to it, I hope it becomes normal to me over time.
From all the very helpful comments the impression I get in no uncertain terms is "Don't whatever you do go on deliveries" so I shan't.
It looks like Heathrow here we come.
I shall be starting in September some time so I will keep you all posted and if there are any vacancies I shall let people know.
Now you're talking my language.dvbuk55 wrote:Look on the bright side you will be able to use the ethnic minority card, have every Holy day of obligation off as part of your religious belief, have everyone on tenterhooks in case they say something not quite PC.............happy days
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
f**k any other language than EnglishCyclopz wrote:Cheap comment.jw1234 wrote:Sick it out till UKIP get in next year
Have you ever worked in a building where 35 different languages are spoken?
-
mickeymacca
- Posts: 503
- Joined: 21 Jun 2012, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
great comment, I am nicking that......Himaggen wrote:Your skin colour does not put you in a minority, what puts you in a minority is the fact that you think that your skin colour puts you in a minority.
'Libraries gave us power'
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
Alternatively you could speak to the DSM and ask if they are prepared to finance your education in modern languages you should get at least a year abroad in the country of your choice to round off your studiesCyclopz wrote:Now you're talking my language.
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
Loldblad wrote:Go on deliveries, you don't get the joke.Cyclopz wrote:Now why would I want to do that?llcoolh wrote:Or you could just leave the job stay at home claim benefits and let those 35 ethnic minorities feed you from their hard earned TAX deductions!!!
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
I wouldn't go on deliveries, its gradual torture on the body. Working with the other races is OK - just try to remember it's our country and they're lucky to be here 
-
Cyclopz
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
What the hell are you talking about?llcoolh wrote:EDL!!!
Are you assuming that anyone who starts a debate about multiple languages within a mail centre and their concerns about it are
automatically racist and EDL sympathisers?
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
What a great comment from a wise person. Bravo!!mickeymacca wrote:What a fantastic opportunity. I would definitely go to Heathrow, you are not being racist you are just anxious about how you are going to fit in, which is a legitimate and common fear. Embrace it as the opportunity that it is to meet new people, with the added bonus they have had a different background to you and so you can broaden your mind at that the same time by learning a bit.
If there are 35 or so different ethnic groups then all of those individuals in those groups probably had the same fears as you when they started.
What's the worst that could happen? you don't like it and get a transfer to another office....
good luck ( any jobs going give us a shout)
-
Cyclopz
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 05 Jan 2013, 09:36
- Gender: Male
Re: It's decision time
It would do my head in big time.flaminmoses wrote:sound advice.
unless not being able to strike up a conversation would do your head in.
I need to banter and have a laugh at work or I can't stand it.
The building is going to work at a much faster pace than what I am used to.
There are a small group of us going so I'm not alone but we are basically going from a small rural to the big wide world
of multicultural Heathrow airport.
The challenge will not be the job but the new environment.
Chatting up women from different cultures sounds good to me.Darren Bent wrote:There might be some nice ladies to meet there, so do it. When I go dancing there is lot of foreign ladies and they are wonderful. Go for it, Delivery is too much hassle these days.
I just hope I don't seriously offend someone or I won't have a leg to stand on, literally.
I spend my life trying to fit in but I always end up standing out.