We do get what you're saying, but we're putting an alternative view. That is what a forum is supposed to do. The clue is in the name.
And 'posting used toilet paper through peoples' letter boxes' is hardly an apt simile is it?
Just opt out if you don't like it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?
What would be the outcome of that. No-one would opt in, D2D as a stream creating a profit that helps pay for our wages would end. The competitors would deliver the same D2Ds and we would all end up getting the leaflets anyway. The loss of revenue and work would have an impact on our wages and T&Cs and headcount.Postal Postie II wrote:What part of "I don't want it" are some people not getting???
If people want it they should opt in!!!
If you don't want an opt out system that in a small way helps protect jobs, are you going to be first in the queue to opt in to a trip to the Job Centre when they bring in your preferred system.
The opt out system does need to be reviewed, and I think most would agree with that, but your nuclear option just isn't job friendly.
What part of seeing the implications of your suggestion are you not getting.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?
Alternatives?
Well how about customers PAYING for the service?
If it costs £1.10 for a 1st class letter to make a profit then the price should be £1.10! Not half price then we'll stick a load of junk through everyone's door. Sooner or later it will stop anyway because some Tory minister will get fed up of have so much junk that he'll propose a bill to stop it.
I'll happily £1.10 for a stamp if that's the price.
I'm speaking as a customer here NOT a postie.
Well how about customers PAYING for the service?
If it costs £1.10 for a 1st class letter to make a profit then the price should be £1.10! Not half price then we'll stick a load of junk through everyone's door. Sooner or later it will stop anyway because some Tory minister will get fed up of have so much junk that he'll propose a bill to stop it.
I'll happily £1.10 for a stamp if that's the price.
I'm speaking as a customer here NOT a postie.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?
All of it, as RM employees. You clearly don't have enough things to worry about if a few sheets of paper through your letter box causes you such angst."Postal Postie II"]What part of "I don't want it" are some people not getting???
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32816
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Fed up of Royal Mail sending you junk mail?

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.