ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Some advice

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hjones9007
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: Some advice

Post by Hjones9007 »

I am part time yeah. When I am able to do overtime fair play I will do it. But when I have something on after work or other plans and I say no they just go in moods and try and persuade me and word it like "you alright just to take that little bit there", which for me is hard to reply to. Instead of saying "would you like overtime"
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Some advice

Post by k979aaa »

Hjones9007 wrote:I am part time yeah. When I am able to do overtime fair play I will do it. But when I have something on after work or other plans and I say no they just go in moods and try and persuade me and word it like "you alright just to take that little bit there", which for me is hard to reply to. Instead of saying "would you like overtime"
You need an excuse practice it and have a back up plan sorry you are under such pressure!. Sometimes NO is the hardest word but it needs to be said if you think you are being taken advantage of!.
Hjones9007
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: Some advice

Post by Hjones9007 »

Yeah we'll I have just started saying no sorry I can't go over. But it's the pathetic moods they get In when you tell them no. Like you should be doing it and letting them down etc....muppets
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Some advice

Post by Sidley »

You're only as good as the next favour you do to pull them out of the s**t.

'So? You did half a walk extra with next to no notice? You got paid, do you want a f***ing medal too?"

They can throw all their toys out of the pram and cry if they want. f**k them, they are owed no loyalty and no favours, they do none for us.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Some advice

Post by k979aaa »

Hjones9007 wrote:Yeah we'll I have just started saying no sorry I can't go over. But it's the pathetic moods they get In when you tell them no. Like you should be doing it and letting them down etc....muppets
You anit letting them down it is for them to staff the office if they cannot pay someone else if they don't pay they are nothing but thief's robbing bast*ards and scum why feel bad they don't pay you if you go over tell them NO.
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: Some advice

Post by Sergeant Blast »

The problem for new recruits is they start on short term contracts. Then the concern is it won't be renewed unless you keep the dom happy.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Some advice

Post by NWpostie »

Hjones9007 wrote:Yeah we'll I have just started saying no sorry I can't go over. But it's the pathetic moods they get In when you tell them no. Like you should be doing it and letting them down etc....muppets
I am pretty sure they have been trained in psychology as part of their course.


Remember what I said before if you can fit all their favour in your time or you go over and not get paid, it will be "today's favour tomorrow's 318" if you do it too often it will go in the 318.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: Some advice

Post by chooch »

'psychology' NWpostie! some of them can't string a written sentence together! Don't give them any kind of credit for having learnt something other than to buckle under pressure and administer B&H
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Some advice

Post by NWpostie »

I think I was referring to the Gaulieter style SS course where they can use intimidation to best effect and how to identify weakness and exploit it.

The other is an open University course :)
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Hjones9007
Posts: 16
Joined: 29 Jun 2013, 20:44
Gender: Male

Re: Some advice

Post by Hjones9007 »

Seargant blast that is exactly how I feel. It feel well my contract is 6 months if I say no they will say bye bye if you get me. Today was first day they didn't approach me!!!! Although we did lapse