ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door 2 doors.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Door 2 doors.
Surely it's also a weight management issue, if you get a bad D2D week and you've got 4 things for each house, that adds up over the full walk so doing 1/5 or 1/6 over the course of the week helps in that respect.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Door 2 doors.
In my opinion the only way this could work is by nesting (putting all other d2ds inside 1) which is not allowed.chrisj wrote:I don't want to argue but I do not understand how having 4 -5 d2ds (often misshaped and glossy items) at the back of a bundle can be easy or quicker. So every time you get to a door, you take the letters from the main bundle and then take the d2ds from the back of the bundle, combine and then deliver and repeat this for how many properties. Do you use very small bundles?
I think yours will waste more time than just taking everything with d2ds at the back of letters - Of course it depends on how many double slots you have. Sometimes I can have up to 80 in a day and up to 180 on a particular walk.
D2Ds for double slots should ideally be all delivered in one go unless you are going to mark the d2ds - how can you know which one that have been done? How can a reserve or floater know?
If not nesting then I can't see how it can be quicker as you have to pick each one separately, whilst trying to keep control of the whole bundle.
If nesting, then I can't see that any significant time is saved as it would take the same amount of time to get the D2Ds from the back of the bundle as it does to take if from a pile and put it into the frame.
The only way I can see back of bundle working is if its only 1 D2D, and I dream of those days.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Door 2 doors.
In my DO. Nesting is actively promoted by management. And truth be told. It makes delivering them a lot easier with the negative that it takes more indoor work time to complete the nesting activity.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:In my opinion the only way this could work is by nesting (putting all other d2ds inside 1) which is not allowed.
I had one D2D last week. It was bliss.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Door 2 doors.
It is against spec but as you say management turn a blind eye to it until either HQ get hot under the collar about it, or the business sending it out complain. I think more and more will complain and if they can't get people on 1 issue then this may be another avenue to reduce the head count cheaply.cyberheater wrote:In my DO. Nesting is actively promoted by management. And truth be told. It makes delivering them a lot easier with the negative that it takes more indoor work time to complete the nesting activity.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:In my opinion the only way this could work is by nesting (putting all other d2ds inside 1) which is not allowed.
I had one D2D last week. It was bliss.
A Doncaster business complained on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nhq-JG3GOA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 23 Aug 12 the same business who stopped sending D2Ds out because we nest them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXWv0ib-pJs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; another on 13 Feb 2013 and again on 7 Mar 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JPUV70s8EM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and again 18 Apr 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFhCaN1ixW0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
we have run a thread on it http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=35258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail has now apologised and explained that the act of delivery staff placing door-to-door leaflets inside large items to save time is actively discouraged.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Door 2 doors.
It was my day off yesterday and D2Ds weren't done. Got in today at 8, doing a round I haven't done before and nothing boxed up so didn't have time to do D2D's as well. Luckily it was a light day and I finished early so had time to do 1/6th. Manager expected me to do 3 days worth but didn't have time and I doubt I'll have time tomorrow as I won't get in until 8 and again probably nothing will be done when I arrive in at 8. Just don't know how they expect you to do everything in your contracted hours, it's just impossible unless you're in early and finish late.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Door 2 doors.
Barbel wrote:It was my day off yesterday and D2Ds weren't done. Got in today at 8, doing a round I haven't done before and nothing boxed up so didn't have time to do D2D's as well. Luckily it was a light day and I finished early so had time to do 1/6th. Manager expected me to do 3 days worth but didn't have time and I doubt I'll have time tomorrow as I won't get in until 8 and again probably nothing will be done when I arrive in at 8. Just don't know how they expect you to do everything in your contracted hours, it's just impossible unless you're in early and finish late.
I would agree to prep the D2Ds as suggested but advise them that I can't complete delivery if I do, "What do you want me to do boss". Put it back in their court. More time inside means less walking around with a bag outside.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.