Each time I've gone in early recently, just killing time BEFORE My start time, having a quiet coffee...someone's come in and said, "When you start you can..."
Think I'll sit in my car til 10 secs b4 my start time from now on.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
tea breaks
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: tea breaks
I've had managers try to talk to me during my break about a problem or to give me instructions for after. I just told them I'm on my break and if you need to speak to me see me after.Thunderthighs wrote:Each time I've gone in early recently, just killing time BEFORE My start time, having a quiet coffee...someone's come in and said, "When you start you can..."
Think I'll sit in my car til 10 secs b4 my start time from now on.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: tea breaks
we been on park and loop 3 years now and its still not working .but all i an say is make sure you take your break
-
gosickwithstress
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 12:28
- Gender: Male
Re: tea breaks
Bordon Delivery office hampshire
We have just been told we must have our full break before we go out on our duties.
But considering we have just had our revision and 2 people our now doing 2 full duties
by van sharing, which looks to me as these rounds will take anywhere from 4.5hrs to 5hrs on
heavy days. Surely we should not be having our full breaks before we go out. I thought that
under working law practices we should have a 15 min break each 4.15 hrs worked. Specially
considering being outside doing physical work in adverse weather. This is surely against the law.
I thought It would be better to have 20mins before we go out then 20mins later on etc (or 30 then 10min)
Is there any CWU agreement, or national agreement on breaks, How do breaks work your office
please let me know. Also im on 35 hours a week which should mean I a 35 minute break as
pro rata, But my boss is only allowing 30 mins for 35 hours (There having 25mins a week of my time, which
adds up over the year), they must be wrong.
We have just been told we must have our full break before we go out on our duties.
But considering we have just had our revision and 2 people our now doing 2 full duties
by van sharing, which looks to me as these rounds will take anywhere from 4.5hrs to 5hrs on
heavy days. Surely we should not be having our full breaks before we go out. I thought that
under working law practices we should have a 15 min break each 4.15 hrs worked. Specially
considering being outside doing physical work in adverse weather. This is surely against the law.
I thought It would be better to have 20mins before we go out then 20mins later on etc (or 30 then 10min)
Is there any CWU agreement, or national agreement on breaks, How do breaks work your office
please let me know. Also im on 35 hours a week which should mean I a 35 minute break as
pro rata, But my boss is only allowing 30 mins for 35 hours (There having 25mins a week of my time, which
adds up over the year), they must be wrong.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: tea breaks
Breaks (Meal reliefs) are not based on hours contracted per week, but by hours per day therefore base your 20/30/40 breaks on this from the Way Forward Agreement

I have heard mention of this so many breaks in so many hours of work, However the only statutory break I have come across is 20 minutes if you are expected to work 6 hours or more and it can be paid or unpaid. Although there are different rules for "young Workers" which I take to mean under 18s, and 11 consecutive hours in any 24 hour period.
These are all posted at http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/workingtime.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if anyone does have more information and links to official sites, I'd be most grateful if they could post them, I am not going to give RM anything extra at the moment.
I have heard mention of this so many breaks in so many hours of work, However the only statutory break I have come across is 20 minutes if you are expected to work 6 hours or more and it can be paid or unpaid. Although there are different rules for "young Workers" which I take to mean under 18s, and 11 consecutive hours in any 24 hour period.
These are all posted at http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/faqs/workingtime.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
if anyone does have more information and links to official sites, I'd be most grateful if they could post them, I am not going to give RM anything extra at the moment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.