It wasn't allowed as you say, though it now appears it doesn't matter, whether the rules have changed or management no longer care, I don't know.dvbuk55 wrote:I was assuming that the 53 minutes wasn't an isolated incident and was probably a misplaced element of training. Was the home address on the delivery for example, was it a designated comfort stop. Years ago you couldn't deliver to your own house.....................UnhappyGremlin wrote:It took longer than 53 minutes to stack up the amount of mail she had.
And there are no mitigating circumstances in my view. Nothing can excuse theft of mail in this manner and to this degree.
If I am to believe the claims made, she essentially had a thought process of such and such has happened, I can't cope, sod it, I'll steal mail.
If coping was an issue, then talking it through with the manager is first, if no help is offered or received, then S/L with stress. Stealing? Never.
I assume it was to prevent skiving, or incidents such as this maybe.
It is likely that she had repeatedly gone home, and they got wind of it and so staked out her house to catch her, or maybe just followed her. We used to have our breaks at home with the bosses full knowledge and consent, but they warned us it had to stop, and so most of us have. Presumably they believed we were taking longer breaks than we were entitled to.
Don't think details have emerged about it being on her own delivery or not, but if not then it is clearly a case of being off route also, and that alone could have provided grounds for a search and investigation.