ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

30 mins

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: 30 mins

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:
mojothefishmo wrote:As far as im aware they can ask you to flex ....but its indoor flex NOT outdoor and it has to be given back before the end of the week it is not to be used to work over in delivery !!!!! These managers will say anything to get the mail out plus its 30 mins once a week not every day
I hope you're not suggesting a manager would lie to get a staff member to do what he wants? That they would deliberately, and knowingly, twist agreements to their advantage, hoping all the while that the staff member in question is unaware of the particular agreement and it's wording? :whistle
I think he suggested and then proved it in the same post.

There is no limit on where the flex is it can be indoor or outdoor.
I was being sarcastic you know.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
douggie68
Posts: 33
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 09:39
Gender: Male

Re: 30 mins

Post by douggie68 »

I was in my DOMs office defending one of my members ,when he said we could have made you complete under the flexibility agreement . I told him he could only ask & he didn't believe me , the trouble is the managers don't even know the agreements ! :crazy:
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: 30 mins

Post by Sidley »

They do, they're just lying shitbags.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: 30 mins

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Sidley wrote:They do, they're just lying shitbags.
Being a lying shitbag does not mean the manager is also not an idiot as well.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: 30 mins

Post by Sidley »

Certainly not mutually exclusive attributes.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: 30 mins

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

In fact, most seem to have both. As well as one or two others.
Seems to improve their chances of progression up the ladder.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.